• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Apple applications you're using

I've been using NewsRack for a while now as my RSS Reader. I have it on my iTouch, iPad, MacBook and now my iMac. Looks a lot like NetNewsWire but it's been my RSS reader of choice.

newsrack_screenshot.jpg

Also enjoying MPlayerX

Here's a fun one - FaceCrop! - You can not only have some personal fun with this but also be great for branding your dealers FanPage.

facecrop2.jpg

Attachments

• facecrop.jpg
    facecrop.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
This is a great discussion! For me (as a developer) it's the following:

Apple Mail
TextEdit
Xcode (iPhone/iPad Development)
iTunes (to help me think :)
Transmit
Cornerstone (a *great* SVN tool!)
Navicat
Photoshop
Final Cut Pro
Motion

Common Apps Are:
Office 2011
iWork (Latest Edition)
Launchbar
1Password
Google Chrome (with Dev extensions installed - using Beta Build)
Dropbox
Skitch
Geektools

Here is a quick screenshot of my secondary monitor that I have with Geektools
https://skitch.com/swhitlow/r2j96/screen-shot-2011-04-04-at-1.58.07-pm

Got some more:

Reeder: I replaced NetNewsWire with this RSS reader program. It also syncs with Google Reader and has apps for all Apple devices. I must admit that I got caught-up in the initial hype of this program but it has completely grown on me. The interface makes it the best looking RSS reader I've ever seen and there is a lot of flexibility in how you consume, save, and share stories. I'm a 5 star fan today.

Alfred: If you are a Spotlight or Quicksilver user you'll love Alfred. Spotlight simply searches your computer (why Microsoft never pegged this we'll never know). Quicksilver allows a lot of customization around a spotlight-like function. But Quicksilver hasn't been supported or touched in a long time. Alfred is the new Quicksilver. At the press of a button you have a full computer search, contact search, image search, an Internet search, application opener, calculator, and dictionary all in one quick window.

It is free - get it now.

My Thoughts: MindNode got me hooked on mind-mapping. I'm so hooked I forked out $50 to get something more encompassing than the free version of MindNode. The big thing is that mind maps created in My Thoughts are exportable in outline format for Word, Rich Text, or PDF. If you ever had a thought that branched into a lot of different things and needed to share that idea with someone, this cuts back on the amount of time it takes to make an idea shareable.

Since we are starting 2012, thought it might be good to revisit this thread... Any new apps/programs you can't live without for Mac?

My current faves in addition to the ones listed by all the guys above:

Clarify
This app makes it easy to capture an image or screenshot, add text and annotations, and then share via PDF, email, or Dropbox. So fast, easy, and intuitive.

Scrivener
I'm using this just for writing... It is amazingly powerful with a slick interface.

InstaPaper
Although not Mac specific, this app rocks for clipping all the articles you are flooded with so you can read them later...

Since we are starting 2012, thought it might be good to revisit this thread... Any new apps/programs you can't live without for Mac?

My current faves in addition to the ones listed by all the guys above:

Clarify
This app makes it easy to capture an image or screenshot, add text and annotations, and then share via PDF, email, or Dropbox. So fast, easy, and intuitive.

Scrivener
I'm using this just for writing... It is amazingly powerful with a slick interface.

InstaPaper
Although not Mac specific, this app rocks for clipping all the articles you are flooded with so you can read them later...

Clarify had me at hello.

Thanks for sharing Tom!!

I use Jing a lot for instructional videos but there's always the need for pausing and going back and forth once something becomes really detailed. Then having to resort to screen shots and spelling out what I need done. Looks like this little program will take care of that for me.