• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Apple applications you're using

If you use a Mac, are you still considered computer literate?
If one judges by the number of "Hey Billfred, [computer query of varying level of difficulty]", yes.

Since my first post, I've found myself using TextEdit as a scratchpad more than before, and TweetDeck still reigns as my desktop Twitter client for the multi-column view. (At home, I still use Twitterrific.)

I dabbled in Chrome a bit, but haven't been swayed from Safari.

Oh, and Dropbox continues to be a Great Thing for everyone around here...but if you're on this forum, you already probably knew about that one.

First time poster. Met Jeff at NADA this year and told him I'd been a long time reader but never posted. I figure this is as good as thread as any to jump as I am an unabashed Mac fanboy....:)

Several great apps already mentioned and I have to agree with Alex on Alfred. It's my favorite add-on to the Mac at the moment and it is incredibly useful (and free!)

Others:

Perian (utility that adds native support for many vid formats)
Flip4Mac (another utility)
Alfred
1Password (has been mentioned but deserves another)
Pixelmator (great Photoshop replacement for fraction of the cost)
Cocktail (my preferred maintanance app)

Of course, the iPad 3 was just announced earlier today and I have to say iPhoto on that looks better than the native iPhoto on the Mac. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for finally speaking up Keith!

Yeah - to iPad3 or not to iPad3. The kids adopted the 1 and I have a 2.

I've been using BusyCal - iCal on steroids
Been messing about with Screenflow - screen recorder
Sound Cloud and Spotify for music

What do you think about using the iPad3 to take all the pictures of vehicles with it's new camera? When we book out the cars, check off packages and equipment, and create comments, we are going to be doing that on an iPad. We could easily take the pictures too for each vehicle at the same time, but do you think the pictures would be quality enough?

Jeff - thanks very much!

Josh - I found this blurb on The Verge, who was able to quickly demo several features of the new iPad. Here's what they had to say about the camera:

Believe it or not, the new 5 megapixel camera on the back of the device seemed reasonably capable of taking decent photos. It's still pretty hard to imagine using this as a real camera due to its awkward size, but it's clear that Apple put some of its know-how from the iPhone 4S's shooter into the new iPad sensor.