• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Appointment display board

Is it okay to show SOLD on the board?

You know I'm all about playing to the consumer's psychology, and knowing people like to see their names in lights, the answer is ABSOLUTELY! It isn't only the consumers; it is also the sales agents who will push harder to see their own name on the board.

When the car a customer bought or is coming in for an appointment is up there as well, that too can inspire consumers to pull the trigger faster. It creates forms of urgency and transparency.....necessity for a quick decision and trust.....the two things a dealer always wants a customer to perceive.

Reactions: 3 people
You know I'm all about playing to the consumer's psychology, and knowing people like to see their names in lights, the answer is ABSOLUTELY! It isn't only the consumers; it is also the sales agents who will push harder to see their own name on the board.

When the car a customer bought or is coming in for an appointment is up there as well, that too can inspire consumers to pull the trigger faster. It creates forms of urgency and transparency.....necessity for a quick decision and trust.....the two things a dealer always wants a customer to perceive.

The answer I was looking for.. ABSOLUTELY!

Activity breeds activity.

I wasn't thinking about the sales persons perspective, but yeah! What sales professional wouldn't like to see SOLD beside their name several times down the appointment board?

The answer I was looking for.. ABSOLUTELY!

Activity breeds activity.

I wasn't thinking about the sales persons perspective, but yeah! What sales professional wouldn't like to see SOLD beside their name several times down the appointment board?

I like Alex's salesperson perspective, I've seen this go beyond what we're talking about with the appointment board. I see stores that post some key reports like email collection percentage and task completion percentage that get printed and posted daily on the sales tower. The key is, salespeople are competitive and no one wants to be last!

That Screenshot is from our Dealership's Appointment Board that Jeff was mentioning. We find it very useful & it works great with our process. It is a 42 Inch TV. We use eLead. It is constantly refreshing. Here is a picture I just took of it. Right when a customer walks in, they see the appointment board first.

Screenshot Appt Board.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
A few years ago, I wanted an automated video appointment board. I looked around and found none... so I built one.

Vertical format. Browser based, Uses inventory feed to populate thumbnails.
Video Appt Board-1.jpg

Visual reference (It was a beta, used a smaller screen)
joe App systemSmall.jpg

Features.
joe App system-1.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Joe,
Very impressive! I think something that looks that nice and is freestanding like that could fit in just about every dealerships needs!

How did you make this feed work from the CRM & Inventory?

I would love to have this in my showroom!

Joe,
Very impressive! I think something that looks that nice and is freestanding like that could fit in just about every dealerships needs!

How did you make this feed work from the CRM & Inventory?

I would love to have this in my showroom!

TY Tom,

2 years ago, I was using ReyRey CRM. It had no output for appointments, so I built it as a stand alone.

It required reps to log into a dedicated page, I knew this was going to be a fail if it took our reps more than 11 seconds to complete. We made the form brief and easy & we put short cuts on all reps desktops, taught them how to use it and... you know what happens next... it took less than 6 weeks for it to "Die on the vine".

Like anything in life, if you don't have a buy-in from the top, then any project will fail (no matter how well executed).

Any video Appt system has to be a brainless extension of your current CRM. Also, if your sales team is not rewarded for appointments and if your manager avoids calling appointments, it'll fail.

thnx!

A new spin on an old idea. Although this is not necessarily customer facing it is useful tool.

Our business objective was to inform the Quick Lane of any repair orders written with operation codes they are responsible for. So the goal of this board is not customer facing but employee facing, helping the team to work a bit more closely. Our QL was not physically located near the Advisors and communication was limited. The board shows all data refreshed from the DMS every 120 seconds, the only way to get a work order off the screen is to invoice it.

LOF_Screen.jpg

I have to agree with @JoePistell -- my goal was to write a custom script to interface with a CRM provider to provide a display for both sales and service, Joe- your team has done this beautifully. I imagine you interfaced with PHP and a few CSS tricks? Or is it flash based?