• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Appointment display board

Hey everyone I know this is a post from earlier this year - but the dealership I work at is interested in something along the lines of a digital appointment board... which software systems are you guys running to be able to pull information to display on the tv? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey everyone I know this is a post from earlier this year - but the dealership I work at is interested in something along the lines of a digital appointment board... which software systems are you guys running to be able to pull information to display on the tv? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think most of them were using eLead.

We have a service appt calendar built into our system that some dealers will put on a display in the customer lounge. It shows the appt and once converted to RO it will change colors as it goes through the shop till it turns gray when completed so customers see their appt when they get there and then can see its progress through the shop.

Attachments

• Service_full.jpg
    Service_full.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 17
One of the smaller projects that I've wanted to tackle since returning back to the dealership is a Digital Appointment Board. Seems like something easy enough to do but if you work for a dealership - Will It Sell Me More Cars is often the question that comes into play and places a big roadblock in the way of the project.

Before I went down the route of asking for a budget to get this done, I took inventory of what we already had laying around not being used. Just so happens, I got extremely LUCKY. Years ago, it was mandatory for all MB dealers to have a special supplied 42” touch screen monitor that ran an interactive program and running footage for customers to engage with on the showroom floor. It just so happened that our dealership still had theirs tucked away in the brochure closet (where I’m sure most are) not being used.

I pulled this baby out, cleaned it off and fired up the supplied HP mini computer running Windows XP. After some toying around I was able to bypass the installed MB program and access the main Windows screen.

Downloaded Firefox browser since the version of IE on the computer wouldn’t even load up.

Next up – what easy online program could I use to display a welcome message for incoming appointments?

What’s easier and more accessible than Google Drive/Apps? Using a Google slides presentation published to a URL, all managers and myself can access (from anywhere) Google Slides and quickly edit or add a new Welcome Slide to the Presentation.

MBH welcomes you to its new Digital Appointment Board

appointmentboard.jpg

Last edited: