• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TRiley

Green Pea
Apr 25, 2017
First Name
Tony
Hello,

I'm a newbie in the town for a small car dealership carpace.com. I was wondering if you can help me find the right DMS if 'm selling just 5-10 cars monthly. What are monthly fees does autotrader.com and cargurus.com charges for using their dealer portal. Is there a program to help small dealership to grow instead of paying hefty fees to get these services?
Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to hear your inputs/suggestions.

I have worked with a number of small dealers who use Frazer DMS, it offers tons of great features and the price is very affordable.

https://www.frazer.biz/features.html

The rates charged by AT, Cars.com and Cargurus changes by market and other factors. I would suggest adding 3rd party sites progressively, you don't need to be on every site right away. Also, don't be afraid to ask for a free trial of the site and get a feel for the level of success.

Just remember much of the traffic that 3rd party sites drive is walk-in traffic, be sure to ask your customers where they found you and what sites they used to research vehicles.

Craigslist can also be a great avenue for selling vehicles. You pay $5 per vehicle listed and many small dealers do well with it.

Do you have a website yet?

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
@TRiley

If you are selling 5 cars, 10 in a good month, you can go out of business if you have 3 "unlucky" months or buy 2 wrong cars.

So don't spend a dime in 3rd party classified sites other than Craigslist just because you can manually post the car for $5 anytime.

If CL is not good in your area, you must find some other way of guerrilla marketing, 3rd party websites will not make a change at all, your inventory footprint is too low.

Right now your set up looks weird, almost fake (like you are trying to play us here), or you are already in trouble my friend. You have 3 cars in your website:

• 1 has stock photos. The other 2 have only 3 photos. One of them has a 4th photo that belongs to another car.

With 3 cars you should have 100 photos of each, with a video or more, and an amazing story about those cars. The Acura listing says is a diesel...

@TRiley

If you are selling 5 cars, 10 in a good month, you can go out of business if you have 3 "unlucky" months or buy 2 wrong cars.

So don't spend a dime in 3rd party classified sites other than Craigslist just because you can manually post the car for $5 anytime.

If CL is not good in your area, you must find some other way of guerrilla marketing, 3rd party websites will not make a change at all, your inventory footprint is too low.

Right now your set up looks weird, almost fake (like you are trying to play us here), or you are already in trouble my friend. You have 3 cars in your website:

• 1 has stock photos. The other 2 have only 3 photos. One of them has a 4th photo that belongs to another car.

With 3 cars you should have 100 photos of each, with a video or more, and an amazing story about those cars. The Acura listing says is a diesel...
Hello,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding the website photos. We were doing doing some testing so used those pictures. Now they have been removed from website.

Thanks for the advise.