• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Back in the car biz.

@GrantG...have you had your first President's Day outside of retail yet? It's strange. After ten years in retail, I left and on my first President's Day, I woke up with an unhealthy level of anxiety, an inexplicable desire to go clean a hot dog steamer and a popcorn machine, and I spent the first hour tying balloons to everything in my house including all of the doorknobs, window latches, and my cat's tail. I also tried negotiating the price of my morning coffee with the rationale that the coffee only cost them a few cents to brew and that I am a good customer and they should cut me a deal because I could send a lot of business their way.

Reactions: William Bryant
Ahhh yes, the first Holdiay Sales Event at home. Yes, I too woke up with a sudden urge to desk a deal and complain about inventory mysteriously beached in customer parking. I've yet to understand why there is so much traffic on the road during Saturday's! I will say this, third month out and everytime I'm with a client, watching them desk a deal ,I want to ask them to let me close the deal. I'm guessing that will never change. Once a retail guy always a retail guy!

@Alex Snyder - the purple drank isn't so bad. Orange and blue just happen to be the colors of my beloved Chicago Bears :egads:

Ahhh yes, the first Holdiay Sales Event at home. Yes, I too woke up with a sudden urge to desk a deal and complain about inventory mysteriously beached in customer parking. I've yet to understand why there is so much traffic on the road during Saturday's! I will say this, third month out and everytime I'm with a client, watching them desk a deal ,I want to ask them to let me close the deal. I'm guessing that will never change. Once a retail guy always a retail guy!

@Alex Snyder - the purple drank isn't so bad. Orange and blue just happen to be the colors of my beloved Chicago Bears :egads:
Trust me, after nearly 4 years on the vendor side now I still take TOs and desk deals. That part never gets old!

Dan, guess you just couldn't break your addiction huh? Welcome back!