• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Beepi and Vroom and Carvana - will they make a DENT?

I don't really see that as a discussion - it's just stating the points and comparing to FactSet expectations to try and make it look not quite as bad.

Right, the article isn't a discussion, my point was to offer data to help facilitate a discussion. I think it is more relevant to the success of the company than the previous Bloomberg article that was posted.

Interesting thread and responses for sure!

Some questions to pose for the Senior Refreshers.

1. Do you think the failure of Beepi will weigh on a similar start up?
2. Is it possible for Beepi's process(es) or ideals to be adapted to a dealer process?

From my observations, Texas Direct, for example, has expanded their operations to buy and sell vehicles they aquire, therefore cutting out auctions and costs associated with such. I take it that their merger with Vroom opened some capital.

Another example of a similar process is the AutoTrader, "Sell my Car."

Sad to see what happened to Beepi and speculate that the same will fate will be Carvana's.

Carvana is losing a lot of money and is not yet profitable, sales are good but they have not figured out a way to bring down overhead. Their IPO is a last ditch effort (unconventional one as well) to raise money because I speculate DriveTime (which owns approx. 20 or 40% of Carvana) does not want to put anymore money into the business.

I believe they have offered Nothing new.
An app is not new.
Delivery if not New.
Giving ALL the money for the trade, as we know is not sustainable.
They also keep denying they are "DEALERS"
I have also experienced some of these "Founders" in a interview. They are KIDS.
** They go solely off data.
** Never been on the front line. and I believe That hurts
You can give me the LIST. There is currently Nothing out there " Dealers" have to be afraid of. The only model I am bullish on right now is the "BUY NOW" module to plug into dealers websites. And Dealerfire is leading the way. And that comes from the mouths of one of there competitors

I believe they have offered Nothing new.
An app is not new.
Delivery if not New.
Giving ALL the money for the trade, as we know is not sustainable.
They also keep denying they are "DEALERS"
I have also experienced some of these "Founders" in a interview. They are KIDS.
** They go solely off data.
** Never been on the front line. and I believe That hurts
You can give me the LIST. There is currently Nothing out there " Dealers" have to be afraid of. The only model I am bullish on right now is the "BUY NOW" module to plug into dealers websites. And Dealerfire is leading the way. And that comes from the mouths of one of there competitors

Hey, in the last post, are you referencing Beepi or Vroom or Texas Direct or Carvana?

Hey, in the last post, are you referencing Beepi or Vroom or Texas Direct or Carvana?
Hi Cullen. Kinda all of the above. When I see/ saw Beepi and Shift on Craiglist, Cargurus. Writing was on the wall along with other clues, I came up against them all the time on trades etc and they were giving #'s that did not make sense.. not only as a trade, but to turn around and sell..
I tried to buy a car on Shift. Never saw it. Car had problems sitting around. An app does not make you immune to Dealer day to day issues..

Some of the "kids" companies I was referring to are more on the software side... Hard to build a product ( i feel) if you have NOT been in the trenches sort to speak, data does not give human element