• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Can't even get sales to call me...

ChrisB

Rust & Dust
Mar 1, 2011
First Name
Chris
As many of you know I am new to the forums, and new to the industry. I am actively searching for a DMS for the dealership that I am working for. I saw Dealertracks at digital dealer in orlando last year and was impressed. So I reached out to them on their website a week ago and no one has called me back. Ok I get it sometimes things get busy and people forget to call you back.

Today I tried to call them and speak with someone. I have called each time and yet to reach anyone. All I get is an answering system... Not Good.

This tells me a few things:

1) They are to busy to worry about sales
2) They are to slow and had to let people go and do not have the man power to answer the phones
3) They are not worried about selling new systems
4) If there sales people/department is this bad how good can the support be?

What a shame I was really interested in reviewing the product.

Not that I think it excuses any of what you have stated, but it never hurts to know what is going on in the DMS space.

Thanks to a large number of clients leaving Reynolds and Reynolds Dealer Track and ADP have been inundated with a large volume of new system requests. I know at at least one point (maybe still) they where both reporting wait times of up to a year on new systems. That said I have never heard complaints about a lack of response from sales due to the rush.

Sales finally called today. It seems that when I sent my request in it was routed to the wrong department, who then routed it back and then.... sent it to another sales person..... who called.... and then had to forward it to another sales person.. who called... and now we have a demo scheduled...

Chris,
We apologize for the lack of response you experienced with DealerTrack last week. All of our customers and potential customers are very important to us and we feel that everyone deserve a quick response. Your experience helped us uncover a glitch in our inbound lead process that we have now fixed.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we will do everything in our power to win your business. We’re confident that you will like our product and be impressed with our customer service from here on out.