• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CarMax EasyShop - Is this the FUTURE of car buying?

Sorry guys, IMO easy shop is an internal productivity tool cloaked in a warm and fuzzy marketing spin. See video and start at the 18 sec mark...

If this works, then "time per sale" drops meaning less reps can sell more cars.

• FORM: Transfer this car (between select stores. This greatly expands GEO footprint for each unit [aka more eyeballs per unit])
  • FORM: Financing (yawn)
  • SHOPPING CART: Choose Maxcare? (damn smart, plants seeds for later)
  • FORM: Trade-in. (further the commitment to the transaction)
  • FORM: Paperwork (yawn)
This is all simple stuff, but, Wow... I kinda like this! It really gets the shopper into the commitment mode.

IDEA?
What if you made a secure login for prior customers and most of the info self-populated???

Oooooo! I like that! PURL time!

I'll put this in the cue over at my Makeover Diary: http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/used-car-king-make-over-diary-1683.html

I'm with you Joe, nothing here is mind blowing; however, they do it. They have all these options. The future is accommodating all the ways shoppers want to shop, without blowing out your operating costs in the process.

I don't think it's by chance that they are piloting here in Fayetteville. Fort Bragg is huge and expanding this year. Military families have special shopping needs. The ability for two adults to go deep into the shopping process together no matter where they each are located is vital to some families. Transparency into paperwork and pre-approval for financing at a known rate can be marriage savers. For some, no other store will be considered. "Pick the CarMax vehicle you like best."

Our industry spends a great deal of time talking about how consumers will shop in the future. I think the answer is "how ever they want to." Great retailers will figure out how to provide flexibility in the simplest ways possible, at the lowest possible cost.