• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com increased rates?

Cars.com = dwindling bang for the buck. That's why we hopped off, well that and their advertising to the public being completely condescending to auto dealerships. Yeah, let's pay them to make us look like shit heads... real smart.

Oh and yes their rates have climbed drastically since they've separated from oversight parent companies like Boston.com

Cars.com = dwindling bang for the buck. That's why we hopped off, well that and their advertising to the public being completely condescending to auto dealerships. Yeah, let's pay them to make us look like shit heads... real smart.

Oh and yes their rates have climbed drastically since they've separated from oversight parent companies like Boston.com

In Los Angeles the LA Times published this yesterday A step-by-step guide to help you get the best deal on a new car - Los Angeles Times I emailed my cars.com/latimes rep last night informing him that from the sound of this article we are wasting our time with Cars.com. Still waiting for a response.

Below are a few article highlights, but there are soooo many more! It would honestly make more sense to drop all 3rd party new car lead sources and use the extra money to create real differentiators. By us dealers NOT having unique differentiators we are validating articles such as this one.

"Most important, new cars are commodities. It doesn't matter where you buy one, only how much you pay."

"[FONT=Georgia, serif]Start at TrueCar.com, which provides more useful data for negotiating a deal than rivals Edmunds.com and Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com….Think of that TrueCar price as an upper limit of what you will pay…"[/FONT]

In Los Angeles the LA Times published this yesterday A step-by-step guide to help you get the best deal on a new car*-*Los Angeles Times I emailed my cars.com/latimes rep last night informing him that from the sound of this article we are wasting our time with Cars.com. Still waiting for a response.

Below are a few article highlights, but there are soooo many more! It would honestly make more sense to drop all 3rd party new car lead sources and use the extra money to create real differentiators. By us dealers NOT having unique differentiators we are validating articles such as this one.

"Most important, new cars are commodities. It doesn't matter where you buy one, only how much you pay."

"Start at TrueCar.com, which provides more useful data for negotiating a deal than rivals Edmunds.com and Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com….Think of that TrueCar price as an upper limit of what you will pay…"

Not defending them but as you know, the newspaper/cars.com affiliation is a lose one, and your rep has a much control as I exercise in my house (tip: none).

Reactions: 2 people
In Los Angeles the LA Times published this yesterday A step-by-step guide to help you get the best deal on a new car*-*Los Angeles Times I emailed my cars.com/latimes rep last night informing him that from the sound of this article we are wasting our time with Cars.com. Still waiting for a response.

"Start at TrueCar.com, which provides more useful data for negotiating a deal than rivals Edmunds.com and Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com….Think of that TrueCar price as an upper limit of what you will pay…"

Something fishy about that article. Really.

How much was the writer of that article "Jerry Hirsch" paid for each time he mentioned "TrueCar"????

Reactions: 1 person