• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

carsforsale.com

CarsForSale.com is definitely worth the nominal $99 per month fee. I have 4 different locations all with their own CarsForSale site and one of my salesman set up one just for himself which he uses quite successfully. I wouldn't say it is the "best" leadsource out there, but the $99 per month is worth the website set up alone. Not to mention you get the listings on their CarsForSale.com site, social media and Craigslist tools, they have a built in CRM you can use at no extra charge (if you don't already have one), and they auto feed out to other listing sources as well, like freeclassifieds.com. As everyone here has mentioned, you only need 1 or 2 deals a month to make it worth it. I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Give Melissa Foster a call at 605-306-3350 and tell her Brian Andersen told you to call...she'll hook you up!

If you'd like, check out a few of the sites they've done for me:

Springfield - www.phillymitsu.com
www.phillybadcreditcarloans.com
www.getacarloaneasy.com
www.starloancarcredit.com
www.millerdodgepa.com

CarsForSale.com is definitely worth the nominal $99 per month fee.

Brian,

You think that 99$ a month is a fair price,
2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Springfield Mitsubishi Springfield, PA
I think you over paid... Dear God, what a mess.

Here's another way to think about it. You have no idea how many deals that visual cesspool you call a website COSTS YOU.

It's so poorly designed, Google can't find it: Google

Is that your eCarList site ranked #1? Why is that site so ignored? Is that you? I can't tell, phone #'s match.

Your domain says your trying to be a "Philly Mitsu" dealer, yet, your invisible to Google:Google

Brian, your missing 50% of your photos. I'm completely puzzled why CarsForSale.com and you are even pals. You both are examples of poor execution.

Jeez @Uncle Joe, tell us how you really feel! : ) I agree, though... You get what you pay for. $99 a month costs result in $99 a month results. I cannot find one single reason to use this service- NOT one... I get the cheap exposure, but a mess is a mess is a mess... I think you would turn off more people than turn on... Buts that's just my opinion...

We use CFS for the listings on their site only. We average 70 leads a month. Many of them are out of state but we've sold 1-2 a month and I think we're paying $89 because we have two locations. You will find them mainly in smaller independents and for many of them CFS is a huge value for a website they can advertise and their simple C/L tool. And I have to say when I need something changed like a weblead address they are the first to have it done. Credit to them for excellent customer service. All that said it is a bit strange to see them in Franchise stores.....

Also thanks to you for placing that Cheesesteak/Hoagie sign in the background of the photos, I'm frickin' starving now!

I would agree, CFS is probably more useful for independent dealers. Which my company was until about 30 days ago. We are a newly acquired franchise and a young company, so we are still figuring a lot of things out. Regarding the SEO placement, we have done none of that for our CFS site because these we simply use as secondary. eCarlist is our primary provider. Selling a few cars a month from it certainly pays for itself. Regarding pictures, trust me, we are well aware it looks horrible with the lack of vehicle photos, and this is purely due to our own internal deficiency. Our CFS site simply takes a feed from eCarlist anyway, so unfortunately all of our sites are suffering from this problem. But all things considered, we can't complain. For our first full month as a franchise Mitsubishi Dealer, we ranked number 3 in our district and 7 in the zone.

Hello to all..

My first post ! Hurray :hello: ... I found www.carsforsale.com . Any feedback ? Any one currently on this site ? Not very expensive, plus you can list cars with up to 12 pictures, free of charge.

There are no additional fees for the leads that your vehicles generate on Carsforsale.com and the $99 is a flat rate to list 100 vehicles. The rates go up from there depending on how many vehicles you would want to put on our site:
$99 - - up to 100 vehicles
$149 - - 101 to 199 vehicles
$199 - - 200 to 299 vehicles and so on.

Absolute waste of $100 a month for us.

As one of the replyee's said "If you only sold 2 cars a year from Carsforsale.com, it would pay for itself!" .... The problem is you don't sell 2 cars a year from Carsforsale.com. We have been with them for 18 months now and have ZERO sales with them. ZERO.

I agree with this quote

" I wouldn't say it is the "best" leadsource out there, but the $99 per month is worth the website set up alone. Not to mention you get the listings on their CarsForSale.com site, social media and Craigslist tools, they have a built in CRM you can use at no extra charge (if you don't already have one), and they auto feed out to other listing sources as well, like freeclassifieds.com. As everyone here has mentioned, you only need 1 or 2 deals a month to make it worth it. I would suggest at least giving it a try."

I don't count on getting leads. When I do I contact the leads. I set up a daily email notification via carsforsale.com so that I am notified what cars were traded and new cars that have landed. If we wish to list cars on craigslist or list inventory on FB, it's available at no extra cost. We also get very nice used car price list price list.

just try to cancel them...that's a nightmare in itself! we had them for over a year. not a bad website and we did get 1 or 2 leads per month but vary rarely a sale. I switched to cars.com and pay just under $600 and sell about 10 cars per month just on that!

I work at CarsForSale, I would love to know how cancelling was a nightmare as we don't have any contracts. We ask that you call or notify us of a cancellation before your next billing cycle, that's it.