• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Conquest Email Services - Exposed?

Any follow-up on this issue? I heard the original survey done by a shopper to get their email permission originates from that server is was completed on for opt in/out purposes, the reason the traffic looks like it's all over the USA and appears fake.

Also I see @brianpasch videos have been taken down, why?
upload_2015-11-10_15-3-57.png

These guys at Take5 are crooks. Very similar experience with them and the idiots at CityTwist.
We have been working with the team at Acxiom to manage our conquest sends.
They actually send us the list of people who they are emailing BEFORE they send the campaign.
I would never expect to sell a car from an email, that is just crazy talk.
But, it is a very important part of our overall marketing plan.
We run email and banners (mostly mobile) with a healthy mix of direct mail.

@John Robling Would you be willing to elaborate a bit on your experience with CityTwist?

We were using Take5 and caught the discrepencies a little before this blew up. We've been looking for a replacement and CityTwist was brought up. Also wouldn't mind hearing about your results from Acxiom as well.

I'd also love to hear from anyone that's had positive results with conquest email campaigns and what was considered a success (match back sales, high CTR, good site conversions, etc.).

We have tested with CityTwist, Take5, V12, LeadMe, Edirect and Keono.
Almost all of these guys delivered BS traffic. Weird clicks from all over the place, desktop only??? Seriously?
We are paying a premium with Acxiom to run a real campaign.
They send us the list of people they are targeting in advance.
We are merging this file with our sales file every 30 days and seeing decent match.
I doubt that people are buying off of our emails, but they are definately talking to people who come in and buy.
An imperfect science but it is working.
Have you run any tests with CT? I remember running a free test with them. Let me know how you make out.

So I looked at some of my customer's Google Analytics and I also found some results that are hard to explain..The visitors are coming from local cities, so that is good, but like Brian's example, nearly all of the results were Windows desktop users. Which doesn't correspond to their normal traffic at all. Mobile is roughly half of their traffic, but for email campaigns, it's 96%. For some of their sites, the bulk of the demographic is 18-34 year olds, but 94-98% of the email traffic was from Windows desktops. That just doesn't add up. That demographic is very skewed towards mobile, not desktop.