• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Converting to Apple

Jan 26, 2012
First Name
Tony
I'm opening a new store soon and have been looking into the idea of running all MAC. Does anyone know what CRM, DMS, or F&I software is compatible on MAC? I have found a few CRM tools I like that can operate on MAC, but Rey&Rey says they aren't MAC compliant.

Anyone have any ideas on who to use?

I used a Macbook Pro as my primary computer at our dealership for a few months. We use DealerSocket as our CRM and it worked fine in any browser that I threw at it (Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox). However, I had to run a Windows XP virtual machine to access DMS/F&I (ADP). 1 out of 3 is a start.

I also am using a macbook pro and we're on ADP. Instead of using Safari as my browser, I've been using Firefox as it seems to run smoother with DealerSocket, vAuto, and trader's dealer.com site. Needless to say, I've had this laptop for 2 years and it hasn't skipped a beat.

I'm not sure if any DMS is mac compatible and like Alex said, using a program like vmware will allow you to get around this issue. I personally use parallels but both programs are essentially the same. Office for Mac is nearly identical to that of a PC.

Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Do you Mac guys have problems with your manufacturer's resources?

Honda's "Interactive Network" and Toyota's "Dealer Daily" don't seem to tolerate anything other than IE.
I can't think of any parts of GM GlobalConnect that I interact with that aren't at least Safari-tolerant. The only websites I've found of relevance that plain block Safari are DealerTrack (even their customer-facing accessories site) and Dealer.com's control center as of last check*. (Both steer you to Firefox, which I greet with a warm meh.)

*Edit: I should note that it's been a minute since I've checked DDC, in all fairness.

Last edited: