• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Craigslist URL & image size changes

yagoparamo

Boss
Dec 30, 2009
First Name
Yago
Craigslist just changed their URL structure to include Make Model and trim in some cases. Small change but perhaps an attempt to have a better SEO structure?

You can now also send larger photos and the customer can expand. The small photo is at 640X480 (standard automotive feed) and the new larger photo allowed 1200X900

Follow the link to see the images that show the changes. Sorry but I got an error when trying to upload the images direct into DR

http://dealerlab.com/craigslist-url-structure-seo-friendly

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Craigslist just changed their URL structure to include Make Model and trim in some cases. Small change but perhaps an attempt to have a better SEO structure?

You can now also send larger photos and the customer can expand. The small photo is at 640X480 (standard automotive feed) and the new larger photo allowed 1200X900

Follow the link to see the images that show the changes. Sorry but I got an error when trying to upload the images direct into DR

http://dealerlab.com/craigslist-url-structure-seo-friendly
Yeah, saw your post at LinkedIn, good stuff. He's catching on to the fact that this is a money maker, so why not support it better? What is it now, $5 / used car post?

@Alexander Lau

I don't know... I had the chance to meet Craig over the phone many times at the very-very beginning of automotive CL postings and money is (was) a driving force.

I don't know if the growth has changed their expense needs so money is a factor now.

They have definitely been in line with Yelp when it comes to give 2 f... about dealer needs which is sad because in turn all it does is provide a lesser service for consumers in need of a vehicle.

That is absolutely an attempt to improve SEO of the individual posts... There has been a lot of changes lately. Have you noticed the new 'yellow' reply button. They are even working on conversion optimization. They must be making an absolute fortune on their new (well, two year old), paid postings for dealers. Hopefully they will not raise the price soon as they did with job postings.