• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Custom Audiences With Facebook

Great way to market/retarget for sale - but think service as well. Most dealers start to market to service customers that haven't been in XX number of days. They offer discounts, rebates, gift cards, etc to bring the customer back in for service. And, usually send these via regular mail... blah!

But, you upload this list to Facebook to create a matched customer audience. Then created a promoted "offer" with the same discounts, rebates, gift cards, etc and target only this custom audience.

Of course the success of this is dependent on your dealership doing a good job of capturing emails AND inputting them into your CRM and/or DMS.

I recommend importing your customer/lead file as segments. Drew has it right - it's an excellent opportunity to nurture existing leads, or to re-engage past purchasers with service-focused messaging.

Targeting email addresses can also be accomplished through Google Sponsored Promotions as well:
http://marketingland.com/gmail-ads-beta-gmail-sponsored-promotions-61475

I highly recommend the GSP program as a complement to FB custom audiences - you might also find success in targeting users who are receiving emails from competing dealerships.

Question about building an audience matching email addresses in Facebook. After I upload my list I get very few results back that actually match Facebook's records. I have wondered if this is because of the [email protected] email address that Facebook automatically puts on peoples profile pages. Many customers probably do not know that exists and don't change it to the email address that we have on file. Could this be the reason I'm not getting many matches or could I be doing something wrong? @DrewAment @Matt-S

Reactions: Bill Simmons
Facebook matches to real email address (not the @facebook) and phone number (mobile)

FYI... I submit all emails and phone numbers for my dealers. As not all employees always put the correct number in the correct place..ie they put a cell number in the home number in the DMS/CRM. We typically see about a 75-85% match (We upload 7000, we get 5200-6000) . You need to have and/or make sure that your team is inputting emails and phones into your CRM/DMS for this to be successful.

For the GSP (Google) ... while I have some dealers that have done this. I believe the min is still 10K budget per month (last I checked). Might be hard to commit if you are a single point dealer.