• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Over in the thread where I'm somewhat documenting my return to the dealership, I mention DealerRater's new(er) mobile app LotShot. The app has been out for awhile now, @kevinfrye first wrote about it in his Digital Dealer 17 Review.

If you're a DealerRater partnered dealership and you're not familiar with LotShot, I've attached a quick overview. I'm sure they have more information on their website as well.

Are you using LotShot at your dealership to obtain more reviews on DealerRater?

lotshot_mobile_app_dealerrater_final.jpg

If you are familiar with it, are you using it?

We have a spiff program in place that was introduced before I got here - $25 per 1 positive review per customer purchase. Meaning, if the customer wrote the same review and posted it across multiple review sites, you receive one spiff. Since introducing LotShot, our frequency of reviews has increased.

@craigh asks me how I managed to get sales people bought into and using the app - "How did you flip that switch?"

Like anything else, you have to SIMPLIFY - SHOW - PROVE and sometimes SPIFF the results. In this case, most everyone had been proven to on the results. LotShot allowed me to SIMPLIFY (the app makes it so easy) and again PROVE, because when you add a customer photo to the email that automatically gets sent out from the app, the increase in reviews is quite evident. Plus in the admin/app, you can see who you sent requests to but have not opened and/or written a review. With a click, you can resend the request for review email. SIMPLE!

I try to incorporate their individual DealerRater review page into as much as possible, like their signature. The Read Our Reviews graphic links directly to their DealerRater review page.

That reminds me. If anyone from DealerRater is reading this, how about a library of images that read "Read MY Reviews"

4067_b0bbc4c895a40f861f7ee3e7c014773f.jpg

I also printed this out and made sure each sales rep had a copy and read it.

You could potentially spiff on reviews with images... (though I'm typically the first one to speak up against spiffing your team to do something that already benefits them. It makes little sense to me. IMO - most times, spiffing for actions is for lazy managers.)

Reactions: craigh
LotShot is a great tool, easy to use, effective way to boost ratings and referrals. What better way is there to promote yourself on social media if you're in sales?

The downside with reviews and ratings in this business, is we require way too many. From the OEM, to the dealership, it's overwhelming. Customers and salespeople get exhausted with it, to a point where you have to pay salespeople to get any traction. I haven't even mentioned Service yet, but it's the same thing over there. Maybe it needs to be part of a delivery process.

The downside with reviews and ratings in this business, is we require way too many. From the OEM, to the dealership, it's overwhelming. Customers and salespeople get exhausted with it, to a point where you have to pay salespeople to get any traction. I haven't even mentioned Service yet, but it's the same thing over there. Maybe it needs to be part of a delivery process.

We're not the only industry asking for reviews and if you truly offer a great experience, peope don't mind sharing their experience - more than once. If you allow yourself and your team to overplay "excuses," then you're getting in the way of your own success.

Reactions: Sales42
I have seen hundreds of ways to get reviews. The way that works best and the way we train is:

Service Provider: "How was our service for you today?"
Customer: Some sort of response
Service Provider: "Okay, thanks. Would you mind giving us some quick feedback?"
Customer: "Sure"

Then make it EASY for the customer to do it while they are on site with you. Once they leave the influence of your service-they most likely won't take time to give you a review.

There are many ways to compound the effect of good reviews as well. It isn't just get a customer review and that's all.