• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

sgeneralgrievous

Rust & Dust
Oct 7, 2014
First Name
Josh
Have any of the Dealertrack DMS users switched over to DMS 2.0 yet? We just switched over last Thursday. Most of our dealerships were still on the IBM iseries console so it has been a pain trying to get those users to switch over. Our Lexus store was on the old GUI so that was a little easier to get people over too. The biggest push back is from F&I because of all the shortcut keys you could use in iseries and cant use in the web based version. I actually don't really mind it. Its really easy to use and the Business office section has a few new cool features.

Our dealer group upgraded to DMS 2.0 a couple of weeks ago. I have not heard the same issues you're referring to? I am loving the browser agnostic part of it. I can finally access our DMS on my MacBook Air without having to buy Windows and other software. They do have a dedicated support team for just 2.0 users. I'll find the email address and PM it to you. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 3 people
The biggest issue was tab. It doesnt seem like you can tab as much as you could before. With the iseries screen i could be 5 steps ahead of it, but with this system i have to slow down. I have contacted them a lot. They are really good at working with us.

and yes, the ability to use it in different browsers is awesome. It makes life so much easier.

We've been using DMS 2.0 since mid-July. DT have made a good amount of enhancements / fixes since they've released it to us. All of our departments except Parts have been using the web based GUI screen for a long time now. However, our parts department has still been using the "green screen/iseries" screen because it's much quicker for them.

Once we updated to DMS 2.0, every department gave DMS 2.0 a shot, but parts is still using the green screen. Our office uses 2.0 on a day to day basis, except for when we cap deals and do a lot of posting to the general ledger. We've found it freezes ups and doesn't load properly, causing us to have to exit and go back in. They are actively working on it though.

We've been using DMS 2.0 since mid-July. DT have made a good amount of enhancements / fixes since they've released it to us. All of our departments except Parts have been using the web based GUI screen for a long time now. However, our parts department has still been using the "green screen/iseries" screen because it's much quicker for them.

Once we updated to DMS 2.0, every department gave DMS 2.0 a shot, but parts is still using the green screen. Our office uses 2.0 on a day to day basis, except for when we cap deals and do a lot of posting to the general ledger. We've found it freezes ups and doesn't load properly, causing us to have to exit and go back in. They are actively working on it though.

Thank you for this. I have heard a lot of similar complaints from our Finance managers and business office folks. It's scary that there were more issues back then than there are now haha. Parts has definitely complained about that. They muddle through the web interface as much as they can until they get busy.