• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do you pay for an ILM & CRM tool?

@Kwilkerson , please let me know how iMagic turns out for you. I've specifically interested in it's compatibility with notes in ADP CRM. Currently Buzztrak notes only transfer one time, when we send the lead to ADP CRM. Emailing and appointment/task setting is an abortion clinic in ADP CRM. I do all of my follow up in buzztrak and only use CRM to write up a deal. This results in me getting skated a couple times a month because I don't put follow up notes in CRM, I write everything in buzztrak but the sales floor only uses CRM. Policy is to put notes in both systems but that isn't time effective based on volume of leads and sales. So if my customer doesn't ask for me then it's fair game. Sadly I've accepted that losing a couple deals a month is less expensive than doing twice the amount of work for a couple more deals. I could fix this if notes would auto update from an ILM and transfer to ADP CRM more than once.

@ JQUINN , Jerry said it best. Long term contract. Plus our inventory, accounting, service, DMS, is all ADP and tied together.

Yes, my dealer STILL has an ILM and a CRM.
"Use" is a term I can not apply to the full staff regarding the CRM.
Background:
1) We have ASI as our DMS, leading to the easy "choice" in CRM. (launched 1.11)
2) As a Chrysler Dealer we have a Dealer.com site. Their ILM was the default at launch (2008)
Why?
1) 95% of all internet leads must be (and are) manually entered into the CRM (by me)
5% (direct Chrysler leads) import into CRM (with the click of 3+ buttons)
2) Our CRM is not currently linked to e-mail / Dealer.com is the only e-mail linked to our site/dealer name
3) CRM is server/LAN based with no remote access / ILM is web-based for remote/after hours access
But "Why"?
1) Desk Manager only uses CRM, only for "Skate Alerts" by phone number and to enter customers at testdrive
2) CRM, when used by the floor, prompts follow-up calls
3) CRM, used by another, Prints all follow-up letters for all customers properly logged
4) ILM provides e-mail, integration of all lead sources, some task management, access to reporting
But really, "Why"?
1) Limitations of the vendor (ASI)
2) Contentment of Dealer (process)

Personal Reflection on the Matter:
We need better tools with a better process. There is no need for most of the legwork that is done using both an ILM and CRM.

@bzweifel I've done the "twice the work" bit for 3 months now and still lose deals, but not as many as I lost before. Mainly I lose the ones that wouldn't give a phone number; deals done in different last names; and those that walk in w/out appointments.

Speaking of homework maybe you should do a little. Here is a copy/paste from the Toyota ELMS/TDDS web site. You will notice that there are 20 participating CRM/ILM vendors that are compliant. So as Matt said, ELMS is not an ILM system rather a certified network for distribution of leads.

ELMS / CRM | TDDS - Toyota Dealer Digital Solutions

[h=3]Overview[/h]
  • A system that centralizes all TMS USA owned lead sources and delivers them directly to your dealership in real time including: Toyota.com, Scion.com, Buyatoyota.com, TCUV, TRAC, Mobility, TMS and TDA Sponsored Event Leads and, for the first time, Toyota Financial Services leads.
  • Filters and de-dupes all leads ensuring only the highest quality leads make it to your dealership.
  • Captures TMS USA owned leads in online reporting within the ELMS Dashboard, giving Dealers lead response time and close rate performance benchmarks against their districts, TDAs, regions, and the nation.
  • Securely integrates with over 20 Program participating Dealer ILM / CRM tools, meeting all privacy and security requirements to deliver leads directly to your dealership.
  • Allows dealership personnel to manage all TMS USA leads in their participating CRM / ILM of choice.
  • Access at TMSUSAconnect.com

You need to do more homework. ELMS = Enterprise Lead Management System

Whoops, just voted Yes when meant no. I was laughing at the above. Anywho, we just dropped iMagic for DealerSocket about a three weeks ago and man, what a difference we've already experienced with the accountability alone. It's been a bit of a teething process but that's to be expected. Truly with a complete CRM you should not need an ILM no?