• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dominion to offer a DMS?

Jarrett

Boss
Nov 24, 2009
First Name
Jarrett
Som years ago (either 3 or 4) I stood in a booth at NADA for Infomizor (please don't hold me to the spelling). The booth had Microsoft Logo's all over and it was showcasing the Microsoft play to the DMS market. After spending a few hours stalking the booth I saw the Dynamics software package customized to include some screens that would make a dealer interested. At the time I thought it interesting, exciting and dearly hoped it was going to change the face of DMS options for new car dealers.

Fast forward theses years and we have seen PR about a Microsoft DMS time and time again. The latest and certainly the most interesting is this.

DominionDMX DMS - Dealer Management System for Microsoft Dynamics

NORFOLK, Va.: Dominion Dealer Solutions and Microsoft Establish Strategic Relationship for Next-Generation Dealer Management System | Business Wire | Rock Hill Herald Online

As a fan and avid reader of DR I see many discussion of how the DMS limits our ability as automotive retailers to do more with what we have. I have also seen a shift, starting with DealerTrack DMS to allow their DMS products to be dealer friendly for data exchange; referring to the availability of reasonably priced API's. Dominions page detailing their "DMX" product boasts the fact of open integration. For this I am truly excited. When I stood at the Microsoft DMS booth at NADA the only thing that took the wind out of my sails was the implementation parter was not an automotive company. Now we are seeing established automotive software vendors are engaging I think the the temperature of the water is changing, and I certainly hope it gets warmer.

Personal disclosure: I wrote this simple post on a Mac. Hopefully the Dominion DMX is not OS specific; that would suck.

Yes - Dominion is pushing full force into the Dealer DMS arena.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dominion Dealer Solutions and Microsoft Establish Strategic Relationship for Next-
Generation Dealer Management System

New DMS based on Microsoft Dynamics AX to drive enhanced customer experience and operational efficiency for automotive dealers and manufacturers.

Norfolk, VA - December 2, 2012 - Dominion Dealer Solutions and Microsoft have established a strategic relationship to collaborate and create a next-generation Dealer Management System (DMS) based on Microsoft Dynamics AX. The two companies are combining the powerful foundation of Microsoft Dynamics AX with Dominion Dealer Solutions’ extensive automotive retail expertise and assets into an industry leading solution that will enable automotive dealers and manufacturers to enhance customer experience, increase revenue and profit and drive operational efficiencies. The solution will utilize Microsoft Dynamics AX, along with Microsoft server solutions and tools and the Windows Azure platform to take advantage of the efficiencies and flexibility offered by Microsoft’s public cloud offerings.

“Our strategy with Microsoft Dynamics AX is to provide a robust platform for game-changing solutions like the new Dealer Management System from Dominion,” said Christian Pedersen, General Manager of Microsoft Dynamics AX. “The power and flexibility of Microsoft Dynamics AX enables partners like Dominion to rapidly and cost-effectively develop line-of-business solutions that drive accelerated business value for their customers.”

“Combining Dominion's experience crafted through relationships with over 11,000 rooftops and Microsoft's technology will result in a tremendous, forward-looking Dealer Management System,” said Robert Berndt, President of Dominion Dealer Solutions. “The automotive DMS market has been dominated by large, legacy systems that severely limit the ability of dealers and manufacturers to meet customers' expectations and differentiate themselves from their competition. Our relationship with Microsoft gives us the capability to meet the needs of the market, and more, on day one. Dealers who use our DMS will experience flexibility they never dreamed possible, and they will be positioned for the future of automotive retailing."

The relationship between Microsoft and Dominion is part of Microsoft Business Solutions’ strategic Global Independent Solutions Vendor (ISV) program, resulting in collaboration in R&D, marketing and sales. Dominion selected Microsoft Dynamics AX as the platform for the DMS, which offers the combination of industry leading ERP capabilities required for a DMS, along with rich integration and custom development capabilities that are ideal for a meeting the dynamic needs of a rapidly evolving retail market.

“We are excited to welcome Dominion as a member of the Global ISV program,” stated Doug Kennedy, Vice President of Partners for Microsoft Dynamics. “Their long history of delivering value for their customers aligns directly with our goals for the initiative.”

The new dealer management system will be initially rolled out to new vehicle dealerships in the United States, starting in Q1 2013.

Reactions: 1 person
Ralph seems pleased.

On a different note, I want to express my congratulations to Dominion for entering the DMS field :thumbup:

I know that is no easy task, and wish you luck on the challenges that will come with a new product. You've got a great partner in Microsoft and wish you all the success in the world!

Ralph seems pleased.

They had been having a heated discussion, about this, on ADM. It got personal and pretty ugly. It seems to have been deleted. The individual that was challenging Ralph said he would go to DealerRefresh or Driving Sales to find something relevant.

There is no question that Dominion has the knowledge and resources. By buying an existing DMS company and partnering with MS, they will pull this off.

[video]http://www.drivedominion.com/dmx-auto-dealer-dms.html[/video]

Last edited:
They had been having a heated discussion, about this, on ADM. It got personal and pretty ugly. It seems to have been deleted. The individual that was challenging Ralph said he would go to DealerRefresh or Driving Sales to find something relevant.

There is no question that Dominion has the knowledge and resources. By buying an existing DMS company and partnering with MS, they will pull this off.

[video]http://www.drivedominion.com/dmx-auto-dealer-dms.html[/video]

Yes - the debacle on ADM is the usual. I shit throwing back n forth gets old but whatever.

Doug, I agree. Jumping into the DMS arena is no joke, but I believe that Dominion has a great opportunity here to not only shake up the market but provide a solid option for dealers to consider. Only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes - the debacle on ADM is the usual. I shit throwing back n forth gets old but whatever.

Doug, I agree. Jumping into the DMS arena is no joke, but I believe that Dominion has a great opportunity here to not only shake up the market but provide a solid option for dealers to consider. Only time will tell.
I read the paged linked earlier in the thread, but havent seen mention of OEM integrations. Are they integrated with any yet?