• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Driving innovation

Aug 31, 2015
First Name
John
EFG Companies, in partnership with Northwood University, recently announced a new F&I competition designed to jolt the automotive industry into a higher standard of innovation. The competition is called the F&I Innovator of the Year Award, and it will pit six teams of Northwood students enrolled in the automotive marketing management program against each other to build a new F&I product. The winning team will receive $25,000.

Students will present their business case on November 12 to a panel of judges, which include leading dealer principals, EFG executives, and Northwood automotive program educators. EFG will develop the winning product, roll it out to the retail automotive space and donate a percentage of revenue to Northwood University.

We hope this competition helps foster new ways to innovate and drive values for dealers. Innovation is crucial at a time of increasing compliance and customer retention pressure. What kind of ideas do you hope to see emerge?

The competition runs September 7 - November 13. Tune in weekly to YouTube to see the teams' progress, challenges and breakthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCmcH-f8IEK4XoPo9syBNaQ. Or see how the competition unfolds on Twitter at @EFG_NWInnovator.

Reactions: ryan.leslie