• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Inventory Advertising / Retargeting

Retargeting on Facebook is a great way to maximize ROI. PureCars recently introduced dynamic retargeting on Facebook and we've seen huge results. Facebook's benchmark for a successful campaign is 0.35% CTR. PureCars's VDP retargeting campaigns average over 3x that. That's because we're targeting the low-funnel customers who have displayed interest in a vehicle you have in stock, with the exact vehicle they looked at previously. Here's more information on the stats we're seeing on FB:
http://bit.ly/1UtMzRL

As far as getting it set up, the FB dynamic ad product that's being referring to wasn't necessarily built for automotive it was built for e-commerce in general.

With the tech we've built, it's pretty easy on our end to set up-- we use your live inventory feed and real-time targeting technology to serve the ads directly on their News Feeds. These ads drive them directly to your VDP.

I've built Dynamic Retargeting campaigns on Facebook for a few clients before and the results were pretty mixed. That said, I still use it and recommend it to dealers in some situations. Oddly enough, my best retargeting campaigns drive more truck sales than any other body type. I may make a DR blog post on this soon.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
That's great! I think retargeting in general is a great tactic to re-engage shoppers. Really interesting that your campaigns are driving results by body type.

For clarity, the dynamic retargeting on a VIN level where we've seen those results is different than the types of campaigns you're referring to.

I've built Dynamic Retargeting campaigns on Facebook for a few clients before and the results were pretty mixed. That said, I still use it and recommend it to dealers in some situations. Oddly enough, my best retargeting campaigns drive more truck sales than any other body type. I may make a DR blog post on this soon.

Michael, let's get that article for the blog cook'n. Trucks? Interesting. Demo / Geo influenced?

There's a lot of vendors throwing their hat into the ring to provide Facebook Advertising / Retargeting services. I can't imagine it being that hard to get this done in house but at the same time, it may be more effective and efficient to have a service power it for you.

Facebook keeps adding different ads spots and features with Facebook Retargeting being one of the latest.

What other type of Facebook ad units are available and are using with good results?

There's a lot of vendors throwing their hat into the ring to provide Facebook Advertising / Retargeting services. I can't imagine it being that hard to get this done in house but at the same time, it may be more effective and efficient to have a service power it for you.

Facebook keeps adding different ads spots and features with Facebook Retargeting being one of the latest.

What other type of Facebook ad units are available and are using with good results?

Hope I don't get kicked off the forum for promoting my company's software, but we've made it incredibly easy for a dealer to setup Facebook dynamic remarketing in house. Same goes for AdWords dynamic remarketing. There is a far better way to accomplish this than with the traditional data feed method. We can setup inventory integration with Facebook and/or AdWords in about the same amount of time it takes to fill out the Homenet order form with nothing more than a website address to work with. And you can skip Homenet altogether. If members of this forum express interest, I'd be glad to explain how we do it. Will do my best to keep the self-promotion to a minimum. It's really quite interesting how we cracked this nut.

"There's a lot of vendors throwing their hat into the ring to provide Facebook Advertising / Retargeting services." - Yep, we're in. Launched officially at NADA as an add on to our classified posting product. I'm really impressed at the clicks and traffic so far, we're working with really small (300.00) ad budgets and only charging 100 for the software to design, post, poll, pixel, etc. as an add on to our program. Initially we saw some really garbage traffic coming from the Audience Network...I'd avoid it. We're off it and still seeing solid results, albeit a little higher CPC without all the trash clicks.

I don't see a lot of those FB Inventory Apps converting very well and there is zero SEO juice.

Still in love with Hootsuite for its simplicity and low cost.

https://blog.hootsuite.com/how-to-advertise-on-facebook/

AdEspresso by Hootsuite makes it super easy to create, analyze, and optimize Facebook ads. It’s designed—and priced—specifically for small and mid-sized organizations.

Any social media pro can sign up to use AdEspresso by Hootsuite. And if you’re already a Hootsuite user, you can create ads and monitor the results directly from the dashboard.

Social media and Facebook advertising are here to stay and optimizing these channels is HUGE. It used to be said that none "sold" cars, and treated like a fad, but now you are missing out if you are not using these channels. While an intelligent marketer with a lot of spare time can figure the facebook advertising out, when done utilizing clean data, and pairing with predictive analytics, POLK, clean DMS data and more, you can specifically focus individual ads to the right customer, not just remarketing. Focus on early ownership and drive service, get in the funnel during early consideration, find more customers that look like your current ones to conquest, there is so much that can be done.