• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Likes for your dealership - How are you getting more?

https://www.facebook.com/autodome

Is our Facebook page. It's something I do when time permits, but is not a priority for the dealership. As of right now we have 276 likes (all real, 250 in our local area). I post up articles from local news papers or Autoblog. Post up a special and promote it. Charitable work seems to get a lot of attention as well, so I am going to focus on that a lot more (we do lots of charity, but don't promote it usually).

I have a call track number on the page, but almost no one calls from it. So far this month we have 46 visits from Facebook with a 6% bounce rate, 0 e-lead conversions (as expected). I view our Facebook page as a brand extension.

We have a facebook page for both of our locations... https://www.facebook.com/wholesaleinctn and https://www.facebook.com/wholesaleinc

As customer service manager, I would deliver the vehicles to our customers and take a photo with them and their new car in our showroom in front of the logo. To encourage our customers to tag their photo and like our page, we offered an entry to win an ipad 3 when we reached 2000 likes. This incentivized them to like the page, tag their photo, and got conversations started with their facebook friends about where they bought their car.

The company facebook page isn't the place for "i'm interested in a 2007 or newer tahoe" but it is a great way to connect buyers and the company so that when they hear that their friend or family member needs a car, we are fresh in their mind.

Hey guys,

First time posting here, been reading for a while. I recently did a giveaway competition to get people to like our page, giving an Ipad mini to a random customer who 'likes' us, and to the employee who got the most people on his friends list to like us. It cost us a grand total of 650 dollars for 2 ipad minis, and we went from 267 likes to 1932 currently. All within a time frame of less than a month. Not too shabby. We spend thousands more a month on advertisement that doesn't make near the impact of Facebook, to reach less people.

Here's the main problem with "Like" us and be entered to win a XYZ.
Unfortunately, many people have 4+ Facebook accounts. I've seen guys with 50+. If all you want are "LIKES" then I guess you'd be happy. What you want to do is to turn those page views/likes into a sale. However, it did sound like a fun time for the prize winner and your employee.

My analytics for my website have shown that 40% of my 3rd party clickthroughs are coming from Facebook. More than autotrader that I'm paying for. The good part about likes is that they are viral, someone sees their friend liking something, and boom, they do too. We've had reasonable success with converting people to sales, definitely service with weekly posted coupons.

My analytics for my website have shown that 40% of my 3rd party clickthroughs are coming from Facebook. More than autotrader that I'm paying for. The good part about likes is that they are viral, someone sees their friend liking something, and boom, they do too. We've had reasonable success with converting people to sales, definitely service with weekly posted coupons.

That's fantastic! Would you mind sharing what 40% equates to in numbers? For example 40% of 30 3rd party click throughs is okay, but 40% of 2000 is insane. Let's all do our best to help each other :)

I'll post some Facebook stats this evening once I get a chance to review some Analytics

I haven't the time to read through this entire thread, but Facebook Likes mean absolutely nothing to your dealership, except a faint amount of trust from some social media crazed customers.

While working for a dealer, I remember them stressing it and just shook my head. Yeah... loads of value. *sigh.

Reactions: Jeff Glackin
In my opinion the best way to build relevant, in market likes to your page is to post relevant content (manufacturer, dealership, community) and run ads targeting the audience it gets exposed to. Facebook allows you to invite those that engage with your post to like your page. Contest and giveaways only attract people that want free stuff. You're in business to sell, not give. It attracts the wrong audience and dilutes the effectiveness of your entire presence on Facebook. Here is more detail if you are interested. http://www.releasetheglackin.com/blog/3-common-facebook-

Likes invite.png

Reactions: Alexander Lau