1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook Live - Who's using? Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Online Marketing & Best Practices' started by Ryan Thompson, Apr 27, 2017.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Ryan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    The Dealer Geek & Ernie Dean GMC Buick Chevy
    Twitter Handle:
    ryan_dealergeek
    Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the forums but I've definitely been lurking around!

I'm having some success (and fun) with Facebook video ads. We haven't really dabbled too much with FB Live, but it's on my to-do list.

I was thinking of doing a monthly FB Live where I sit at my desk and walkthrough the months latest and greatest incentives (no more than a few minutes).

Something that happens every month and our followers think of us as the authority for our manufacturer.

What have you tried or have been thinking about?

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Martin_Bluecar

Martin_Bluecar
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Martin
    Twitter Handle:
    bluecarppc
    It's not a bad idea Ryan, I'm just not sure there will be enough audience. Given the fact most dealers have between 1.000 - 6.0000 fans & followers, I don't think there will be much people watching - Facebook Live is a nice tool, but it makes sense to use mostly for pages/people with a lot of fans. Of course you can at least try it.

But what about YouTube videos instead? They will be permanently on YouTube and easy to search for (unlike Facebook live)

4. Stauning

Stauning
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Steve
    Dealer or Company Name:
    pladoogle, LLC
    Twitter Handle:
    @stevestauning
    Great idea, Ryan; though I recommend you do this on your personal page, so the exposure will be better. Also, those who are showing success with Real Social Selling are doing so via their personal, not business pages. I just did a 49-minute live stream showing these best practices, etc. that you are free to watch and share:

5. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Ryan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Twitter Handle:
    ryan_dealergeek
    Thanks Shaun, I'll check it out. The fan page obviously has some pretty big perks for the dealer (me) in terms of advertising and analytics. If I was on the showroom floor I'd go all in with my personal page.

6. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh & Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown
    @Ryan Thompson@Ryan Thompson I love the idea and it surely won't hurt to try it out. We've been doing some Facebook live casts here at DealerRefresh every other Friday in the response so far has been pretty great. You need to start somewhere.

I'd also love to see you update your original thread around coming back to the car dealership world. I too need to update my thread ;-)

7. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Ryan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Twitter Handle:
    ryan_dealergeek
    You're slowly shaming me into it Jeff.

8. Stauning

Stauning
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Steve
    Dealer or Company Name:
    pladoogle, LLC
    Twitter Handle:
    @stevestauning
    By the way, one of the reasons you don't hear from ANY of the social media management companies about Facebook Live and Real Social Selling is that there is no money in it for them. When your team can start doing Real Social Selling (by especially using Facebook Live properly), you'll wonder why you ever wasted a dime on a third party posting kitten pictures on your Facebook page.

• Like Like x 1