• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

FordDirect incentive feed

DanRank

Rust & Dust
May 22, 2014
First Name
Dan
FordDirect sends a rebate amount for each vehicle to Dealer.com for use on the FordElite websites (this is different than the standard DDC Incentive Manager feed that I believe comes from Edmunds). Has anyone figured out a way to export the VIN-specific incentives? I can see the incentives on the detail page and the search results page for each vehicle on my FordElite DDC website, but the incentive doesn't seem to live as a numerical value in the DDC backend. Same goes for the displayed selling price on the website. I would think somewhere there is a feed that contains both the VIN and the rebate amount for every new vehicle. If that is the case, I can export that feed from DDC to HomeNet and put the rebate value in a Misc Price field and use a Data Conversion to automatically create accurate selling prices.

I've had numerous conversations with people at Dealer.com and they basically say it can't be done, but they've had a lot of dealer calls requesting this functionality. I'm hoping one of you has figured out a work-around and wants to share.

My current system to get selling prices to third party, group site, etc. is to download from HomeNet an Excel file of all inventory, run a SmartVincent (Ford's term for the system to check for VIN-specific eligible incentives) on every new Ford I have in stock (takes a while), put the rebates in the spreadsheet for every vehicle, use Excel to calculate a selling price, and drop the Excel CSV file back to HomeNet via FTP so their system can update selling prices and put it in all the export feeds.

There has to be an easier way.

Have you reached out to Ford directly?
In Canada they gave me a firm "No", but stateside they offered me incentive data as long as I had one Ford client.
Once you have that data you could probably format and process it yourself quite easily.