• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Funniest Vendor Pitch?

I probably get 10 of these spammy scammy emails a week. Notice the great spelling a grammar. Ready to have your business boomed? :0

Email-scam.jpg

On a side note, I couldnt see the video in the origianl post signed into DR on Chrome. I had to copy and past the link into (gasp) Internet Explorer to see it.

I probably get 10 of these spammy scammy emails a week. Notice the great spelling a grammar. Ready to have your business boomed? :0

View attachment 2278

On a side note, I couldnt see the video in the origianl post signed into DR on Chrome. I had to copy and past the link into (gasp) Internet Explorer to see it.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention @Bill Simmons Maybe @Jeff Kershner can take a look into why:)

The funniest I can remember is some guy selling a service that posts our cars to a bunch of free websites. After listening to what he was offering I told him nicely "No, I just don't think that's a fit for us right now." He responds angrily "I don't understand why you would say no to something that's going to sell you more cars." I responded with "Dude, do you know how many calls and emails I get each day promising more sales?".... Silence....Click.

Almost every larger region has a (few) in-person and online peddlers reselling crap to ignorant dealers. They have about 5-10 different items they resell and 90% of what they're resellig is total crap. They'll use one of their more decent products to get their foot in the door, build a relationship and then BAM!

I feel bad (a little, just maybe). The guys behind this mobile CRM app are going to struggle for many reasons - way past the distastful video. I did my duty and paid the 4.99 download fee and after 2 minutes of messing around, only to have the app crash 4 times - I want my money back. It's bad. I understand they're in "beta" but it shouldn't have any charge associated to it. I'll be doing what I can to get my money back.

There's another whole conversation around individual CRM apps like this. Most dealers aren't aware of these apps popping up all over the app stores.

I actually looked into Selly recently, but didn't see this video.
This is one of those videos that will end up coming across as degrading to a group of people.

I find it interesting how boldly they call out the competitors, because I don't even see this company as being on the same playing field.
1. They're mobile only
2. They're using Dropbox and iCloud to backup my customer data (never going to happen)
3. Their focus is all about how easy it is to enter data - while that's important, I'm far more concerned about how to get the data back out for reporting, analytics, marketing, etc. I can't possibly do that on a phone, export it to Dropbox and retrieve it from there - it simply won't ever happen.

I get numerous promotions in my inbox, but I usually focus more on the ones that are great.
I really enjoy the videos that DealerX puts together.