• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google+ ...are you on it yet?

Facebook users protest changes to News Feed, new 'ticker' - latimes.com -- Quick read on the backlash about recent changes in Facebook's news feed. Underpinning: People DO NOT want their Facebook changed. So changing entire social networks? Maybe not likely in any appreciable numbers... Plus may be relegated to the C-Team. And good lord I hope so... too much to keep-up with!

Desperate is as Desperate Does.
Google%20-%20Google%20Chrome%209222011%20114633%20AM.jpg

I can imagine all the meetings that led up to.... That Blue Arrow

Words are free, actions tell it all. Google is unhappy with its plan and it's progress.

Whilst I can't see how the invasion of marketers will improve the consumer experience on Google+ even a little bit, I read this today on AdAge: Google+ Lays the Groundwork for Business Profiles - GM, Ford in Beta Testing Even as Unofficial Profiles and Squatters Spread Across Platform.

"As it stands, only two marketers have gotten the official go-ahead to test the waters for Google+, automakers Ford and General Motors, whose beta status is identified by "test account" and "sneak preview" banners. But several unofficial business profiles have cropped up on Google+, set up surreptitiously by companies, fans or squatters registering the brand name.

As of late last week, Ad Age found a host of top names on the network, including Burger King, Starbucks, Home Depot, Kraft salad dressing, Verizon Wireless, Snapple, The Wall Street Journal and Condé Nast. In the case of Coca-Cola, Best Buy and Louis Vuitton, there were multiple profiles for each. The situation is reminiscent of what marketers discovered on Twitter a few years ago when they tried to register for Twitter handles and found those corresponding with their company names had already been claimed. In one egregious situation, Hyundai's legal department wrangled with Twitter for months to obtain ownership of @Hyundai, to which an individual had posted racy photos."

Grocery managers hear it all the time.

WHO MOVED THE MILK! WHERE IS MY MILK? WHY DID YOU MOVE MY MILK?

All resets are not equal (i.e. a facebook makeover vs your dealer site makeover). When you re-set a grocery store, everyone's pissed because you're there a lot. When you reset a Recreational Vehicle store, no one's pissed (except the staff).

Reactions: 1 person