• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Chrome Browser

I do use Chrome, and I love Chrome. The sites that don't support Chrome are usually sloppy code anyhow (CHRYSLER!!!) and don't work in any browser well!

Here's my list. I use the Beta version of Chrome so it has the ability to use profiles (about time). This comes in VERY handy for me. Chrome is also extremely fast compared to IE. It does take a lot of ram and I do keep a lot of extensions running with a lot of windows open.

My Extensions:
Adblock Plus for Google Chrome (Beta) - easy to add filters with a click to block ads / elements
Better Gmail - because I use gmail for all my email
Docs PDF/PowerPoint Viewer (by Google) - because I use Google Docs.
GoMBoX - preview google images in a cool image popup (lightbox)
Google Voice - because I use Google Voice - if you use, it's a must.
IE Tab - allows you to switch to the iexplore engine for sites like CHRYSLER:mad:
Publish sync for google+ & facebook - when posting to FB, also posts to twitter, G+ and supports videos, images & web-links
Stylish - Car-Research is one of those unsupported sites. With stylish, you can add code to change how a page looks. I used this to fix the blue/yellow bar in car-research. Inserts CSS on the fly.
Unsubscribe.com - decent tool. Worth checking out.

One handy feature is the "developer tools" feature (which i'm sure FF has) which make it easy to troubleshoot code on a website you may or may not be coding! Additionally, Chrome has a built-in sync feature for your bookmarks, extensions, etc. Lastly, it has a spell check while you type.

I can live with some of the issues some sites have with not supporting Chrome because it just works that much better for me than IE.

I love google chrome, in my humble opinion it's the best browser out there, extremely fast and better engineered than the others. Firefox and safari are also acceptable. I would reccomend internet explorer users to try chrome I think you'll love it.

I find it I absolutely mind blowing that people mention that certain sites don't work in chrome or only work in internet explorer. If you are paying for software in 2011/2012 that does not work in all browsers and mobile devices then I seriously question the engineering of those products. In this day and age there is No excuse for that. :)

Be real. IE dominates the market and then some. Chrome and Safari are barely out of "Geekdom" if they are that popular. I challenge anybody to display Analytics to the contrary. Please remember that just by reading this forum, you are part of the "Geekdom" and therefore ill-equipped to render an opinion on this topic.

And that's a compliment to our Readers, by the way...

Be real. IE dominates the market and then some. Chrome and Safari are barely out of "Geekdom" if they are that popular. I challenge anybody to display Analytics to the contrary. Please remember that just by reading this forum, you are part of the "Geekdom" and therefore ill-equipped to render an opinion on this topic.

And that's a compliment to our Readers, by the way...
Challenge accepted! ;)
IE is currently at UNDER 40% - hardly dominating and then some. Chrome is up to 27.3% according to some studies (that sounds like out of geekdom to me). Safari is still nothing but a geek tool.
Browser stats.jpg

Ok Ed. If IE is not dominating, who is???

If you were to start a widget company, what would your board consider market domination?

Let me answer for you: if you could achieve 10% market share, you would reply to this blog while you are en route to Monte Carlo in your Private Jet.

If you got 20%, your Executive Assistant, Jennifer Anniston, would write the reply for you while en route after pouring your Dom.

If you got 30%, Ms. Anniston serves herself the Dom....

And if you got 40%, the Board flies to wherever you are.... To kiss your ass!!

Holy Cow man!