• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Maps - link to OEM website

VVAuto1

Hat Trick
May 18, 2012
First Name
Victor
I've noticed in our market and outside of our market google maps has replaced our website link on our google listing with the OEM website.

I've on noticed this when you search "Chevy". I tested a few other OEMs and cant replicate.

If you search "Chevy + keyword" it shows the dealer URL.

Not sure what it means, if it is a glitch, but does the signal the start of a change in relationship between google listings, the dealer and the OEM.

upload_2015-4-10_11-30-13.png
upload_2015-4-10_11-54-18.png

Dude... You need to go into Google Map Maker and get it corrected. http://www.google.com/mapmaker. You will have to create an account and submit the change and other ppl on map maker will view the edits and confirm or deny the change. You get enough "confirms" and it will up date or if you get a user that is a trusted map maker to confirm it and it will update. I just checked and that Chevy dealer does have the Chevrolet.com url listed as the website for that map listing.

Also, there is a forum you can post a request in for ppl to confirm your edits as well. That will probably speed up the changes. It did mine!

I did some Google'ing and there are some Chevy dealers in my area that this is happening to. I can't believe they are letting it go like it is. Damn... About 3 years ago, I ran into an issue with a couple of my listings on Google maps. They duplicated the phone number on my Buick / GMC listing with what was on my Toyota listing. Luckily it was a call tracking number and I could control where it would ring to. The month after, during my monthly meeting with the Cobalt rep, he almost had a heart attack from the spike in phone call traffic. LOL It was quadruple of what it normally is. It's crazy how powerful it really is. People don't realize it.

Just looking at some of the listings, it looks like Chevy has gone in and created separate department and map listings for parts and service for these dealers listings and those are showing on top of the actual dealers maps listings and blending the listings together in the SRP's. Both examples you provided have the dealership listings in map maker. They also have the additional map listings for parts and service at the same locations. That will be kinda painful to get corrected.