• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Group Badges and How They Work

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
I'm sure by now you've taken notice to the new badges associated to your member profile. This was something I've been wanting to implement for years now but every time I would have a solution locked in, I would need to make some upgrade or platform change that would set me back to square one with the project. This time I'm finally in the clear and have been able to add decent badging feature that carries some additional functionality that allows me to build out groups corresponding to each accomplished badge.

Here are the current badges, what they mean and how one obtains each badge:

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 5.15.26 PM.png UrRefresher = This badge was be rewarded to our active "Original" DealerRefresh community members. You know who you are. 2010 and before. Many are still active members, so I thought it was only right to recognize those individuals.

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 5.15.16 PM.pngSenior Refresher = ≥365 registered days + ≥145 posts + ≥15 trophy points + ≥ 20 likes received

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 5.15.51 PM.png Consulting Experience = Doesn't necessarily mean you're currently an Industry Consultant, but signifies that you have several years of consulting with dealers by either operating your own Dealer Consulting Business or have worked for a Consulting.

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 5.15.59 PM.png Vendor Experience = Doesn't necessarily mean you're currently working for a vendor, but signifies that you have some years of working on the dealer to vendor side of side the industry.

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 5.16.07 PM.png Dealer Experience = Doesn't necessarily mean you're currently working for a dealership, but signifies that you have several years of working on the ground level at a dealership(s).

I'll be adding a few more of these in the near future, like noods, Jr Refresher, Top Active Members, etc. IF you have an idea for a group badge, please comment below.

Thanks to each DealerRefresh Member - past and present.

--------

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 5.15.41 PM.png DealerRefresh Founder = This is a special badge just for me :)

Reactions: craigh
I'm curious now - how are you associating the Experience badges with people? Manually or based on profile history?

I would love to see one for Canada :)
Unfortunately, Font Awesome is still stiffing us on the Maple Leaf
https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/1645?_pjax=#js-repo-pjax-container

That's a good idea. I can group badge according to region. Some are automated. Others are triggered by what you fill in on your profile. I may need to go back and add to the profile questions or I could possibly pull by regional IP address and then associate the region badge accordingly.