• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

HayStak thoughts

I PPC'd in-house for 5-6 yrs, this was my battle plan.

I looked at our industry as a catalogue shopping experience, so a win for me was shoppers that engaged & returned to my site. Every ad had to deliver engagement stats that were within 50% of my direct visitor stats (Bounce, Time on Site, # pgs viewed & return rate.).

Also...

--No ad landed on a VDP, they landed on a SRP or a SEM landing page.
--I considered "distance from my store" to be a top KPI, so bucketed ad campaigns by GEO and managed them separately.

HTH

I only PPC'd for used & they landed on my VDP. I really didn't care about top position just made sure I was 1st page.
My Adword Ads match perfectly with my websites VDP tags so my quality scores were off the charts. I think I doubled if not tripled
clicks with the same ad budget that the store was paying some PPC company. I really didn't bother with New Vehicles. Like Joe
said you need to look at your visitors stats. Find somebody who will work with YOU & YOUR GOOGLE ADWORDS ACCOUNT!

I was happy with them until when we received a new rep. Numbers weren't adding up and leads were down. Not to mention, keywords were not matching up to the campaign ads. I went through everything they had created and found many errors. Certain keywords that were targeted to people who typed in a specific truck, were shown a specific car ad. I had end dates on time sensitive ads and they were still showing 3 weeks later (with an expiration date text in the ad!).

So I decided to move everything in-house and do it myself. I have 15 years of Adwords experience and the only reason why we had Haystak was because of their dynamic ads. We don't miss them one bit. Traffic is up, additional 30+ leads/month and our budget is still the same. It's been 6 weeks for most of our campaigns, while the last few were just enabled. I'm really excited to see how well it goes now that I have 100% control over it.