• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Hello!

Nov 11, 2015
First Name
Scott
Hi, my name is Scott. I'm in the research phase of beginning a small, internet-based, used vehicle dealership. I've bought/sold/traded close to 50 vehicles in the last 20 years and have had the idea of my own dealership to make my car addiction profitable. I work full-time in the public safety field and I'd love to eventually retire and do this full-time. I'm here to look at what others have already done and see what works and what doesn't.

Hi, my name is Scott. I'm in the research phase of beginning a small, internet-based, used vehicle dealership. I've bought/sold/traded close to 50 vehicles in the last 20 years and have had the idea of my own dealership to make my car addiction profitable. I work full-time in the public safety field and I'd love to eventually retire and do this full-time. I'm here to look at what others have already done and see what works and what doesn't.

IMO, 2 FBSO sales a year gives you a taste of the sale, but you dont know the pain thats waiting for you. Find the most successful independent used car seller and go work there for a year. Do any job they have. Turn over every stone, take lots and lots of notes. Leave nothing to chance.

Welcome aboard Scott. We have over 10 years of conversations and information here in the dealer forums and over on the blog.

Be sure to read our "Our Getting Started on DealerRefresh" threads to help you get started.