• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Help define roles & responsibilities for digital marketing positions

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Brian Pasch posted an article over on the blog around helping or hoping to define the hierarchy of the different roles and corresponding responsibilities for the dealership digital marketing position(s).

As dealer groups allocate more internal resources to manage their digital marketing investments, dealers need to discuss the roles and responsibilities for digital marketing execution.

Using the included chart, how could or should a dealer group organize their marketing team or employees who are performing the different marketing tasks?

The roles (Entry Level, Associate, Senior, Manager, CMO) Brian uses in the chart do not need to be full-time positions.

Chime in here and help build a more complete matrix that can help guide forward thinking dealers around the structure and responsibilities for a dealers marketing department.

Have at it...

digital-responsibilities-760x650.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think I need to plug in Brian in here, most of you know him already.

But I have read his new book and IF you find the content of the article interesting his new book has great information along those lines (what are we supposed to know as managers of digital assets).

Already out in Kindle and soon in hard copy:

Amazon Brian Pasch

Amazon.com: Mastering Automotive Digital Marketing: A training guide for Dealer Principals, General Managers, and Digital Marketing Managers eBook: Brian F. Pasch: Kindle Store

Thanks for starting this thread Jeff. Items that I would add to the list, only because in my world they are a part of my job, are CRM data and equity mining and lead handling monitoring for example. I would love to hear from other E-Commerce Managers and DMM's from other dealer groups on how they manage all of these roles. How much do you do in house versus outsource? When I review these roles with the upper management of our dealer group when looking to hire a vendor, the reply is "Well Bill, that is what we have you for". For 11 rooftops. As you can imagine, the workload is smothering. I am the current living, breathing version of the person portrayed in Joe Webb's video The De-Evolution Of The Internet Sales Manager. We have a lot of multi-rooftop dealerships managers here on DR, so please chime in and share how you balance all of these very important roles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person