• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
@Jeff Kershner @Ryan Gerardi

While I appreciate the idea of DR making money like any other business this is good feedback that sponsored articles that look like just articles may not be such a good idea.

I agree with Jerry that besides the fact that maybe there is a secondary meaning to its content it looks like it promotes non training of the sales force.

Reactions: Jerry Thibeau

While I appreciate the idea of DR making money like any other business this is good feedback that sponsored articles that look like just articles may not be such a good idea.

I agree with Jerry that besides the fact that maybe there is a secondary meaning to its content it looks like it promotes non training of the sales force.

It’s not SUPER obvious but it does clearly say Sponsored. I have no objection to content like this - people who don’t read the whole thing may not catch the sarcasm but it’s a fine piece.

Reactions: ryan.gerardi

@yagoparamo could you do me a favor. I just published a new thread to gather feedback from the community about sponsored content advertising on DealerRefresh. Here's the link: https://forum.dealerrefresh.com/thr...-dealerrefresh-share-your-feedback-here.5501/

Would you mind going there and sharing your thoughts on how you think sponsored content could be improved upon. This way, we can keep the focus of this thread on the matter at hand - PHONE TRAINING, and use the new thread to expand upon the idea of sponsored content in general.

Thanks for your understanding.

giphy.gif

Ryan, there is nothing wrong with how you do sponsored content, really wouldn’t worry about it. Some people tend to get overly defensive when they feel challenged.

I think that people like Jerry, who owns a fairly large and successful company, not only gets challenged every day but has been dealing with challenge all the way from the beginning of his company. Not everyone, specially if you are not a business owner, understands that. Note: real business owners only apply, not you-yourself-your best friend-and your wife business type.

My company sponsors and pays Dealer Refresh for advertising, so the issue is not about “being challenged” is about the perception possible clients get from an ad on a banner or an ad that is show as an article.

If Jerry didn't like it he could have done the same thing steve did with a counter argument Or complained to Ryan and Jeff privately.

Instead he calls the ideas stupid in an open forum on the internet which seems a bit defensive and schoolyard.

Being a dealer this is how this post read to me. Not your post @yagoparamo but the OG post.

" Hey everyone, this guys ideas are dumb. My ideas are good. Buy my stuff."

@Chris Leslie

I can say the same for @Jeff Kershner and @Ryan Gerardi; I had no idea that were having sponsored content. I wonder now of the validity of much of what I’ve read before in the DR article section. Was that really community sharing like the forum or paid advertising?

As for Jerry’s reaction I still think is valid. The article is somewhat missleading and controversialy tonned with the sole purpose of grabbing attention. This is nothing but the writing equal of an inflatable gorilla at the dealer with a “lowest prices banner”.