• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I had no idea that were having sponsored content. I wonder now of the validity of much of what I’ve read before in the DR article section.

Judging by how little is ever commented on within the blog portion of DealerRefresh I'm going to assume few are making the mistake of not catching the "sponsored" tag. I think you're reaching a bit Yago.

Judging by how little is ever commented on within the blog portion of DealerRefresh I'm going to assume few are making the mistake of not catching the "sponsored" tag. I think you're reaching a bit Yago.

I do agree that the article area is probably not used as much as the forum, but the issue remains with the direction DR is taking, today sponsored content is allowed in the articles and tomorrow will be allowed in the forums. Pretty soon this will be like the speaker spots at Driving Sales.

This is getting really silly. Sponsored or unsponsored, the point remains that you can't really argue with the article's thesis: the lack of management involvement equals wasted dollars.

Wouldn't it just be easier to admit you read the headline(s) and Jerry's post and formed an emotional connection without really READING the article? Wouldn't just be easier to say "ooops... jumped the gun, my bad!" Instead, dragging this into the absurd...

For god's sake Yago, it sounds like you're advocating for the elimination of satire or sarcasm -- hell, I wouldn't be able to write a word! The headline is SUPPOSED to grab your attention!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ryan.gerardi
Well, you never have to worry where you stand with Jerry. It's his opinion, which happens to support his business model, and I know he's helped many dealers while making a ton of money. I see SO MANY vendors, especially but not limited to, say, advertising (not this post's point, just sayin'), deliver some bullshit product or service and take a check. At least Jerry provides accountability for his product, built in: If the dealers who WON'T buy Jerry's product want to buy more floor traffic with advertising, that can be done. Did I mention that most dealer digital advertising is bullshit? At least phone training WITH accountability isn't. And Hi Jerry. And Hi Chip. lol

I do agree that the article area is probably not used as much as the forum, but the issue remains with the direction DR is taking, today sponsored content is allowed in the articles and tomorrow will be allowed in the forums. Pretty soon this will be like the speaker spots at Driving Sales.

@yagoparamo what are you getting at? You had no issue appearing on video with me at DD23 talking about you, your company, and Digital Dealer. Does the fact that DEP is a sponsor invalidate what you had to say?

Seriously, what is the issue here at hand? @Jerry Thibeau took offense to a clearly labeled ad, and now you're questioning the whole idea of sponsored content.

I created a new thread for you (and everyone) to chime in DealerRefresh's implementation of sponsored content. Could you at least take your concerns about sponsored content over there and let this thread remain focused on Jerry's concern with the message in @Stauning 's ad.

@yagoparamo what are you getting at? You had no issue appearing on video with me at DD23 talking about you, your company, and Digital Dealer. Does the fact that DEP is a sponsor invalidate what you had to say?

Seriously, what is the issue here at hand? @Jerry Thibeau took offense to a clearly labeled ad, and now you're questioning the whole idea of sponsored content.

I created a new thread for you (and everyone) to chime in DealerRefresh's implementation of sponsored content. Could you at least take your concerns about sponsored content over there and let this thread remain focused on Jerry's concern with the message in @Stauning 's ad.

@Ryan Gerardi

I don’t believe that when I talked to you at DD we had agreed on me promoting any of my companies nor I tried as the conversation went on. I agreed to talk to you with the sole purpose of providing information for the DR community.

My point is that if you are going to introduce new forms of sponsorship on space with already paid advertising (banners) we should know ahead and the content should be clearly marked. Sponsored content has much deaper reach than other forms of digital format specially in this forum that has discouraged self promotion for years so it looks like the content has been approved by the webmaster.

George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

Reactions: ryan.gerardi