1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

I just SOLD a car - USING TEXT ONLY

Discussion in 'CRM, ILM, and Desking Support & Best Practices' started by Jeff Kershner, Jul 14, 2016.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Tony Do

Tony Do
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Tony
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Diesel of Houston
    Jeff,

Thanks for sharing this experience. I do a lot of text with leads and making yourself available does have its inconveniences. However, extending this line of communication is almost necessary given how connected we our with our mobile devices.

Here are my tips to ensure conversion of a lead through text.
    • Double check what you send - autocorrect can give leads the wrong impression about you.
    • Be transparent - If you are truthful about a scratch it is less likely to be a big deal, and you have a recorded instance of disclosure.
    • Be timely - If you can't respond or text right away just say so. Leads want to know that they are being treated fairly and not put to the side.
    • Pictures - Offer, offer, offer. Anything you do that can reaffirm and reassure the lead that the vehicle is as stated solidifies the exchange and makes the lead more willing to work with you.
    • Videos - This is a big one. Sending short videos of requested views or engine running really can seal the deal and bridge any mistrust a lead may have.
    Moving towards text almost seems like a natural pathway, but keep things professional, check grammar, and spelling.

I hope this assists you, and good luck!

#21 Tony Do, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh & Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown
    Great TIPS for everyone utilizing text @Tony Do@Tony Do - thanks for sharing. Every Monday I put on a short power training session. I'll be using your tips for next Monday's training.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TomLaPointe

TomLaPointe
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Big Tom
    Dealer or Company Name:
    CarChat24
    Twitter Handle:
    tom-carchat24
    I like this from a management standpoint for a few reasons -
    • There are more and more litigation risks having staff use their own device - like having to pay them for taking a text after hours in some states
    • I have had female staff hit-on and nearly stalked by customers
    • Trackability - using CRM text is ideal but another house tool at least gives the dealer a way to see the conversation and manage it if necessary. The conversations are generally archived for future reference indefinitely. If the salesperson breaks their phone, that's all lost. Many (most) staff won't keep a good record of the conversation documented in CRM using a personal device in my experience

• Like Like x 2