• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iMagicLab Sucks!

Apr 28, 2009
First Name
Jerry
Let's just say there are some good people and not so good people at IML. The CEO is not! See screen shot below. I was able to make contact with one good employee who shared a solution with me. We'll see if it holds.

Attachments

• IML 10.jpg
    IML 10.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IML 11.jpg
    IML 11.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I would be curious to see the discussions from before this.
Sounds like the Reynolds excuse for when they added the captcha, disabled remote access, etc.

"We are protecting your data" is what they say, which means "We want to force all your vendors to pay us".
I work with dealerships that can't even schedule their own damn reports through Reynolds because it blocks them.

Keith Latman wrote a blog: iMagicLab and Third Party Vendors - It's About Security Stupid - Richard Keith Latman - The Blog

My reply:

Keith,

Little companies? You are one of those little companies! I just got back from the Dealer Socket User summit and they had more attendees than you have customers. It's blog articles like this one that keep you small. Using the word "stupid" in your subject line is stupid and shows your arrogance.

When people ask to integrate with our software, I absorb the cost because I know it's good for business. Those little companies will one day grow up to be powerful companies and they will remember who their friends were.

For the record, our customers/your customers have provided us with a login to their CRM to find the audio files. It's like we are an employee of their company. They trust us and in some cases will have us sign documentation saying that we will only be gathering phone calls and nothing else. In my opinion it's really not your decision who a dealer allows to access THEIR data since it's their data.

This is more about Kieth Latman exercising his right to be an asshole, something you are good at!

Good luck with that!

Jerry

Reactions: 1 person
Keith Latman wrote a blog: iMagicLab and Third Party Vendors - It's About Security Stupid - Richard Keith Latman - The Blog

My reply:

Keith,

Little companies? You are one of those little companies! I just got back from the Dealer Socket User summit and they had more attendees than you have customers. It's blog articles like this one that keep you small. Using the word "stupid" in your subject line is stupid and shows your arrogance.

When people ask to integrate with our software, I absorb the cost because I know it's good for business. Those little companies will one day grow up to be powerful companies and they will remember who their friends were.

For the record, our customers/your customers have provided us with a login to their CRM to find the audio files. It's like we are an employee of their company. They trust us and in some cases will have us sign documentation saying that we will only be gathering phone calls and nothing else. In my opinion it's really not your decision who a dealer allows to access THEIR data since it's their data.

This is more about Kieth Latman exercising his right to be an asshole, something you are good at!

Good luck with that!

Jerry
"Issue resolved", not so much...

Reactions: 1 person