• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is direct marketing at charities a good idea?

[USER=142 said:
@Ryan Leslie[/USER] would you be able to join us this Friday to continue the conversation on Refresh Friday? I'm doing a podcast this week with Jeff Clark from DealerOn and we will be talking about their initiative with Dealers United using Cause Network Foundation.

I'd love to @Ryan Gerardi. I'm looking forward to your podcast with Jeff and the guys from Cause Network too. Jeff is a great guy with a huge heart. I always look forward to spending time with him.

Thanks for having me on the show this afternoon @Jeff Kershner, @Ryan Gerardi and @TomLaPointe.

As the show was coming to a close I mentioned an incredible dealer near me. They set the bar high for opening their facility to the community to support a worthy cause. Check out this short video of last year's "Art from the Heart" to benefit a local organization called Friends of Kids with Cancer.

Reactions: ryan.gerardi
Hey @BenAdler. This isn't an apples to apples comparison to our industry, but I think there is still something to be learned. Here are some of the stats from this study on the effects of Corporate Responsibility, of which Cause Marketing is an element, at large corporations like Verizon and Campbells.

•Reduce the company’s staff turnover rate by up to 50%
•Improvements in corporate responsibility performance has the same effect on retention as an increase in annual salary of $3,700/year.
•Workers willingness to accept variability in pay by 5% pay cut
•Increase productivity by up to 13%
•Increase employee engagement up to 7.5%

http://iosustainability.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Project-ROI-Report.pdf

Reactions: Ben_Adler12
Might be good to make a dealer look good (use it for social media, PR and that kind of stuff), but is it going to lead to sales? You could specifically attribute work done with charities to sales easily enough.

I don't trust a lot of charities. In my eyes, they stink to high heaven of shadiness and greed, with more administrative payout than any true intent or effectiveness.

Last edited: