• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Joe Pistell's Fascination with Rainbows and Unicorns Infects the Entire Internet

ed.brooks

Boss
Jan 15, 2010
Awards
First Name
Ed
We all know Joe Pistell has a strange fascination with rainbows and unicorns. It appears he's infected the entire internet.

The 404 page at blippy.com is nothing more than tribute to our friend Joe. Just visit blippy.com/JoePistell. Click on the the little boy dressed as a unicorn and keep clicking. If you work hard (click enough), you're rewarded with a Triple Rainbow All the Way!
:lmao:

Ha!

My take on Social Media (SM)... for the Record.

SM is a branding tool that can improve the brand if executed intelligently. Few of us (me included) has their internet marketing and sales machine running at maximum potential. I'm talking about the basics, not exotics.

I see it all over, options and photos poorly. Special pages with... no specials. Empty Coupon pages, copy/paste comments rubber stamped on VDPs, emails that sit for hours without a response, un-staffed chats, incoming calls fumbled by [gulp] professionals and the trusty "3 Voice Mails and flag the lead as dead" SNAFU.

IMO, only the finest, most mature, well run organizations that have this chaos all ironed out should be aggressively SM'ing.

Rome is burning and Nero playing his SM violin.

Too funny.

I'm with ya Joe. 101 before SM. Have a game plan for SM because it's no Joke. You are either in or your not.

My new gig...

Toyo dealer - facebook, blog, tweets
Mitsu dealer - facebook, blog, tweets

Nissan dealer - NO social.

All dealers on same websites, same CRM, ATC, Cars, video - the whole works.

I've helped Nissan see the importance of CRM, reports, training and marketing 101 online and off. They have had their best months in years. Just recognized by Nissan USA.

Ha!

My take on Social Media (SM)... for the Record.

SM is a branding tool that can improve the brand if executed intelligently. Few of us (me included) has their internet marketing and sales machine running at maximum potential. I'm talking about the basics, not exotics.

I see it all over, options and photos poorly. Special pages with... no specials. Empty Coupon pages, copy/paste comments rubber stamped on VDPs, emails that sit for hours without a response, un-staffed chats, incoming calls fumbled by [gulp] professionals and the trusty "3 Voice Mails and flag the lead as dead" SNAFU.

IMO, only the finest, most mature, well run organizations that have this chaos all ironed out should be aggressively SM'ing.

Rome is burning and Nero playing his SM violin.
Joe, you know I agree with you 100% on this. The number of vehicles on the internet with bad or no photos and crappy VIN-exploded comments is astounding. Anytime a dealer spends time and money to get a customer to a VDP, whether it's SEO/SEM efforts, Online Classifieds or Social Media, when the customer gets to that VDP, it better be standing tall!

PS. Hope you enjoyed the unicorns and rainbows!
:)