• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking at CRM choices

JuliePetree

Tie Cut
Oct 13, 2015
Awards
First Name
Julie
We are with Vinsolutions right now. I love our rep but the system has had a lot of flaws lately. Looking at what options are out there and if we move I would want it to be a better choice not a lateral move. I was looking at eleads but I saw that their email server was blacklisted last year and that scares me. Ideas.. thoughts...

We use Reynolds and Reynolds DMS. I would want to be able to push deals to our DMS from our CRM, I would love to have a better ability to create email templates than in Vin, I would want to be able to create reports on usage, leads, ROI etc. ease of use for salespeople. Please let me know which companies that you use and what you love and hate about them.

Also if I need to stay away from any companies.

Thank you in advance,
Julie

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Check out Contact Management from Reynolds. Salesperson can create deal in CM and push straight to desk.

There is another thread on this topic somewhere around here, but I don't think any CRM is going to be exactly white-listed. I truly believe you will need a 3rd party emailing service with a dedicated server and solid processes to maintain white-list status. Naked Lime (a division of Reynolds) has a program called MMS that is pretty slick and very deliverable. For sheer simplicity and budget minded effectiveness, Constant Contact has served me well this past year.

There is reporting in Constant Contact that will give you all of that information. However, for clarifications sake, I should have pointed out that I only use CC for bulk or specialty emails and messaging. Day to day lead response and management is handled through our CRM.

Hi Julie - we have been with the same Service CRM for over 13 years and they have recently launched their Sales CRM. Great company, great support, and an amazing CRM tool. I have no ties to them other than being an avid user, so prefer not to "advertise", but if you want more info send me a message

Personally:
- had major issues with DealerSocket lately. I loved the product, but it keeps having issues that cause us major headaches. Downtime, lockups, inaccuracies, functionality not working.
- had Contact Management for years (older version). Loved the system, hated the workflow of using it. The newer version (available in the US) fixed much of that. Typically their contracts are 99 years long though, so it's a real commitment.
- OpLogic has a Reynolds certified CRM that has more features than I can count, definitely worth a look
- If you can send all emails through your CRM it makes tracking and associating much better. DealerSocket had some great tools for this, DealerMine used to be great at it - really helps to show which customers have seen which campaigns

Julie take a look at Momentum CRM, they provide an extremely high level of after sales service, have a very good technology base, and "play nice" with with other vendors from an integration stand point. Adam is correct; you want to make sure you do your campaign emails (bulk distribution) through an email server that is separate from your standard transaction emails going through your CRM

I wish this thread would have taken on more life but I know we talk a lot about CRM's here on DealerRefresh. But I love it when @JuliePetree speaks up and communicates with the community ;-)

@Shawn Morse - Momentum has come a LONG way since I first used it 10+ years ago. At the time it was more of a Service CRM.

Ironically I had to sit through a "Dealerbuilt DMS / DESKING / CRM" DEMO today. Dealerbuilt has basically partnered with Momentum to be their CMR. I'm not sure of all the ties. I don't really care. After sitting through the DEMO, I asked ONE question and the answer made me stand up, thank them for their time and exit the room.

That question being -- does the Desking Tool TALK to the CRM? The answer was NO.

I looked at the GSM of our Toyota dealer and said "If your desking tool doesn't reside within of the CRM, your sales managers will NEVER use the CRM." IMO I just wasted an hour of my freaking time.

@JuliePetree I'm going to point to an archived series of articles written by @Alex Snyder.

Read these articles:

Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Process
Part 3: Marketing
Part 4: Decision-Making
Part 5: Conclusion

Then download this PDF - https://wp-files.dealerrefresh.com/...4/07170506/DealerRefresh-CRM-Whitepaper-2.pdf

Print it out. Read it. Then read it again. Keep it on your desk!