• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Measure Engagement with Internet Leads

We tried chat actually with an Edmunds program and I was pumped! I ended up selling a car via text, the guy was local, we still talk about it - but that was the only real conversation we had over the year. Bummer! I was nonplussed, and we never saw many texts to behonest even though the words TEXT US were clearly obvious all over the website.

That was yesterday's news, but today we are again looking into a text providers, like ZipWhip. We are seeing interest in text replies and we certainly are aware of this, it's a communication support tool. It's also one of the reasons I placed CHAT/MESSENGER on our site and not text, to fill the void and yet satisfy the texty attributes a messenger app gives it's users, at which point we can also segway into - Hey, Is it okay if we text each other?

So I am hoping to address this issue via a two prong solution ultimately Text + Chat/Messenger. I just want to let the customer know I WILL BE THERE, whenever you need me.

If your closing rate is anywhere near 15% you're probably doing your job correctly.

Conversica has been known to increase closing rates for dealers. I made recommendations for a dealer to use it and it increased their closing rates by 5% (that's pretty big). Tools like this should help your overall sales process.

Sales: https://www.conversica.com/industry...net-lead-management-software-email-automation
Service: https://www.conversica.com/industry-automotive-car-dealership-service-software-email-automation

My closing ratio varies by lead source, I'm no primadonna, but the dealers leads are at a 15% level, trade appraisals close at 7.5%. OEM & OEM TPL sadly closes the worst, yet my OEM thinks 5% is good.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
So i just brought on Conversica in the last month or so. Its hard to say just yet the impact of sales its had because I also added back TrueCar around the same time. I can tell you this though.

Having a robot send the basics of emails like "Is this info good?" "can we call you back at this phone number..." etc has had a pretty solid impact on engagement and overall response rates of the leads we are getting. A little piece of their reporting can show you how engaged your various lead sources are as well which is kind of cool to peek at every now and again. They also integrate into Dealersocket so conversations are automatically inserted into the work notes.

The thing on the horizon that i'm more interested in than anything else is this right here.
https://www.chatbots.systems/cardealerchatbots.php

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Steve - to the points of Chris's data, tracking appointment set ratios may vary widely based on lead source (we know lead percentages from chat drop some when traffic is from sem rather than organic). That said, I applaud ANY and ALL measurement from a management standpoint.

So often I talk GMs and internet managers who have no clue what their basic traffic or lead metric are, much less contact and appointment rates, so kudos

So i just brought on Conversica in the last month or so. Its hard to say just yet the impact of sales its had because I also added back TrueCar around the same time. I can tell you this though.

Having a robot send the basics of emails like "Is this info good?" "can we call you back at this phone number..." etc has had a pretty solid impact on engagement and overall response rates of the leads we are getting. A little piece of their reporting can show you how engaged your various lead sources are as well which is kind of cool to peek at every now and again. They also integrate into Dealersocket so conversations are automatically inserted into the work notes.

The thing on the horizon that i'm more interested in than anything else is this right here.
https://www.chatbots.systems/cardealerchatbots.php
Sh*t man, that looks fairly groundbreaking to me. :bow: