• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Model Specific Content Pages - What to do next model year

@Ryan Thompson great start on the page. IMO - You are doing the right thing...get the process of building pages moving. That said, I would make sure you keep an eye on the code side elements (see below). I would suggest that you send over basic optimization direction with your page content. Also check your page on Mobile...Not sure if that was intended, but they stripped out all the content for the mobile page. I know you can't do everything at once and you are probably drinking from a fire hose, but always good to watch the details.
View attachment 2985

Gayle - Realy appreciate this. I sent this off to my CDK rep. I had asked numerous times if I had to provide this level of detail... .No No our SEO team takes care of it...... MMMMMKAY

What program did you use to generate that? Is it free?

Thanks again!! as far as mobile goes.. I think the content is technically there they just don't display it from the nav. If i google "emission test alliston" i can find it and view it.

Problem the URL used to be something wacky like erniedean.ca/landingpage7. I caught that one early.

I should probably do the same exercise for all the pages I've sent over.

Here's another one that probably needs some love - http://www.erniedean.ca/Base-Borden-Program

What program did you use to generate that? Is it free?

http://www.seoquake.com/ It's a free chrome extension.

Yeah, I don't know that I trust the website providers' SEO expertise all the time...When we build pages, we put them in a table within a word document that maps out everything ( I added some filler for example...We also include any internal or external inks in the copy). Make sure if you are updating a page and changing the URL that you tell them the original URL, the new URL and instruct them to 301 redirect the page to the new URL.
upload_2016-7-20_13-35-30.png

Yeah they butchered that one too.

Two more suggestions.
  1. Don't for get to tell them to add alt tags to your images.
  2. Give the visitor a next step/CTA from your pages...i.e. Military discount - have them contact a specific person at the dealership that specializes in working with Military personnel or if they schedule a test drive you will sweeten the deal or something they can send to their phone.

Ryan, I really like where your head is at. Building stuff is a lot of fun. The part that isn't fun is when you have crappy tools like the back end of CDK.

I've built my fair share of stuff using their tired widget based platform and ultimately made the choice to move platforms.

Yes all the stuff that everyone is mention is important. Title tags, image alt tags. blah blah blah.

But none of it matters if you never get any traffic to them. There is going to be a lot of competing content built into the site because of the showroom model pages that are already there.

The cost vs reward with building all that kind of stuff on the CDK platform isn't worth it. IMO

Also, CDK mobile has it issues. In DCC you can choose to show pages and menu items on mobile separately from the main site. Also, because CDK is what they are. Some pages when viewed on mobile might be blank. This is because Mobile CDK sites will not display some of the widgets for example the HTML widget they will not allow to display on mobile.

By no means am I saying don't do these things. I'm just saying you might want to consider building them somewhere else.

Ryan, I really like where your head is at. Building stuff is a lot of fun. The part that isn't fun is when you have crappy tools like the back end of CDK.

I've built my fair share of stuff using their tired widget based platform and ultimately made the choice to move platforms.

Yes all the stuff that everyone is mention is important. Title tags, image alt tags. blah blah blah.

But none of it matters if you never get any traffic to them. There is going to be a lot of competing content built into the site because of the showroom model pages that are already there.

The cost vs reward with building all that kind of stuff on the CDK platform isn't worth it. IMO

Also, CDK mobile has it issues. In DCC you can choose to show pages and menu items on mobile separately from the main site. Also, because CDK is what they are. Some pages when viewed on mobile might be blank. This is because Mobile CDK sites will not display some of the widgets for example the HTML widget they will not allow to display on mobile.

By no means am I saying don't do these things. I'm just saying you might want to consider building them somewhere else.

Chris,

Totally appreciate your insights. It's obvious to me I'm not working with the "best in breed".... I've been nervous about pouring my heart and soul into this website for that very reason.

I think I'll definitly build some pages to give our customers SOME information on buying or servicing a car... right now it's inventory or nothing.

I just pumped this one out... Had to send them a follow up email with titles and descriptions as apparently they do not do this in my package. I have to write them myself, which I actually prefer.

What is a dealer demo?? http://www.erniedean.ca/new-dealer-demo-vehicles ( i created my own hero image as their graphic design work was pretty cheesy).. did this on the free tool Canva.

This might help too. I found it a couple weeks ago.. You could hypothetically do all of this on the CDK platform. If you needed help I could help ya.

perfectly-optimized-local-landing-page.png

Yo Ryan,

Love the message, but the image is so large it forces me to scroll below the fold.

upload_2016-7-23_8-9-23.png

Plus, for your readers, the lower dealer logo is redundant. Some thoughts:
Ppl don't read, they scan. Scanners like to see:
  • Great title & sub title (done)
  • Image & caption that speaks to the theme (use stock shots to get it done fast. Later on, if the shoppers engage with the page, swap the stock shot with your internally created photo)

IMO, Get this action link above the fold. This helps the to avoid reading all that text.
upload_2016-7-23_8-18-28.png
Consider adding a CTA that captures this vibe: "check back often, these sell fast"

HTH
-Uncle Joe

Last edited:
Idea: IF this demo page is getting good shopper action, then invest more time into it...

I love this concept! "Didi's Enclave"
upload_2016-7-23_9-43-41.png
Very personal.

Build on this theme.
Create a table where each rep with a demo gets a cell. Visually, it tells a story. Hyperlink to the full demo page.

Roughed out Example
upload_2016-7-23_9-32-52.png

Make it part of your demo turn in policy. Reps will love it because they can see their face and the business from it!

Version 2.0 (assuming your shoppers are engaging with this work)
  1. CTA: "Didi knows this Enclave, Questions? Call Didi at xxx-xxx-xxxx" (metered number that routes right to the rep's cell)
  2. Content: "What's Didi Driving Now?"

HTH
-Uncle Joe

Idea: IF this demo page is getting good shopper action, then invest more time into it...

I love this concept! "Didi's Enclave"
View attachment 2994
Very personal.

Build on this theme.
Create a table where each rep with a demo gets a cell. Visually, it tells a story. Hyperlink to the full demo page.

Roughed out Example
View attachment 2993

Make it part of your demo turn in policy. Reps will love it because they can see their face and the business from it!

Version 2.0 (assuming your shoppers are engaging with this work)
  1. CTA: "Didi knows this Enclave, Questions? Call Didi at xxx-xxx-xxxx" (metered number that routes right to the rep's cell)
  2. Content: "What's Didi Driving Now?"

HTH
-Uncle Joe

Joe - Thanks so much dude!!!!!

I like your ideas. What I'm going to quickly is:

• Shrink the banner (yes I agree it is too large) and delete logo.. was getting carried away on Canva
  • Love the idea of team with their vehicles in some kind of menu... how do i create this with my limited graphic skills?? Thats the next hurdle
  • Add some personality to the individual vehilce descriptions such as, "What does Jamie love most about His Silverado?" etc;
  • Check out the one I did for Keith - http://www.erniedean.ca/VehicleDetails/new-2016-Chevrolet-Equinox-LT-Alliston-ON/2690332063

These pages are a work in progress but I'm confident they will pay off.

Would love to see any cool examples of dealers highlighting their demo inventory on their site.

how do i create this with my limited graphic skills?? Thats the next hurdle

1st, rough it out in MS word or google doc (I used MS powerpoint for the mock above). Add a table with 2 rows and 3 columns (or what ever # you need). add photos, titles and a call to action. For the links to the units, keep it simple, have all clickable areas link off to the Demo SRP http://www.erniedean.ca/VehicleSearchResults?VehicleSearch&offer=56266330 (you only have 7 units, shoppers will be ok with this).

Once you get it looking like you want, turn to your CDK ppl. and ask for help to get this done.

HTH
Joe