• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Multi-rooftop website specials page

Brad Burlingham

Skate Alert
May 28, 2009
Awards
First Name
Brad
I've been trying for years to find someone that can create a page that showcases my various brands factory incentives and dealership specials in one place. I would love for customers to be able to search all of my dealerships offers in one place. for example, all lease specials under $300 a month. I want to show the special and then have them click to see the appropriate inventory. anyone found a vendor that has done this?

Brad, 2 thoughts.

1. Beware the Compliance Nazis (OEMs hate this thinking)
2. Narrow your search by asking vendors if they can supply searchable Leasing payments for all inventory (that's a tall order!). If you get a yes, then ask if they can do this on your group site AND ask to see examples of it on other sites (this way you'll see if your concept and their product aligns).

Reactions: DuffyL
I absolutely hate the obsession that many dealer eMarketers have with "conversion" (because we're not in an eCommerce mode - yet), BUT I think you may get substantially more "conversion" with highly targeted landing pages than one massive specials page.

Just my 2 cents...

I absolutely hate the obsession that many dealer eMarketers have with "conversion" (because we're not in an eCommerce mode - yet), BUT I think you may get substantially more "conversion" with highly targeted landing pages than one massive specials page.

Just my 2 cents...

Hi Ed! Hope Pond Life is treating you well :)

Brad said: "I would love for customers to be able to search all of my dealerships offers in one place. for example, all lease specials under $300 a month. I want to show the special and then have them click to see the appropriate inventory."

I think he's speaking about a group website that has all brands under one domain.

Hi Ed! Hope Pond Life is treating you well :)

Brad said: "I would love for customers to be able to search all of my dealerships offers in one place. for example, all lease specials under $300 a month. I want to show the special and then have them click to see the appropriate inventory."

I think he's speaking about a group website that has all brands under one domain.
But it looks like he already has a group page. Perhaps he doesn't like the current one? http://www.lacarguy.com/specials/current-incentives/ :cool:

@JoePistell is right with being careful with the OEM fire... And, I do love @Ed Brooks suggestion with creating local content.

However, I'm curious - do you brand the dealerships as LA Car Guy? Or, as the individual dealerships? I ask because if you do find a vendor that can accomplish doing what you're asking - will it be easily found by your customers searching for the specials?

Anxious to hear any more Refreshers' ideas on this one.

Reactions: DuffyL
It can be done with some manual entry work.

If you tag the cars that have a $300 lease special simply by making the stock number 300##### (###### being your regular stock number) then the cars can be grouped in a custom search link using that as a tag.