• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

My first dealer conference

Robert B.

Full Sticker
Sep 18, 2014
First Name
Robert
I'm going to Digital Dealer on the 21st. It'll be the first dealer conference I'll ever have gone to. I have no idea what to expect and I want to make the best of this opportunity.

Dos and don'ts?

If anyone would be willing to share some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Hi Robert,

Glad to hear you will be at DD18 this year! This is going to be a fantastic conference and there will be so much to do in so little time. One of the first steps I would take would be to plan out your goals for attending the conference and then schedule vendor meetings and break out sessions accordingly. Digital Dealer has a great Agenda planning tool here http://digitaldealer.me/dd18/agenda/86739 that can help you manage your schedule accordingly.

Don'ts - Spend too much time talking with a vendor that does not add value to your dealer's initiatives, make a quick decision under high pressure, not get an ROI on the time and money you spent attending this show.

Also, if you get a chance feel free to visit my team at Booth #900. Good luck Robert! :)

1. Have an agenda before you hit the floor and sessions. What goals do you have?
2. If those goals involve vetting vendors. Grab someone's vendor badge (I'm sure one of your current providers would be more than happy to share) and THEN go walk the booths.