• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

NADA 2015 Feedback

Apr 28, 2009
First Name
Jerry
So what did everyone think of NADA 2015?

Here is my feedback.

1. Did not like how it was split between 3 halls. Really 4 when you count the upstairs and downstairs in the West hall.
2. The San Francisco local convention center union price gouges vendors.
3. Homeless people everywhere begging for money. Did you know San Francisco actually gives homeless people $410 per month? Think maybe that attracts more homeless people? I heard other cities actually provide free transportation to drop their homeless people off in San Fran. I actually saw people multiple homeless people relieving themselves in public
4. Food at the convention center was horrible. Long lines and crappy food. We went off site after day one.
5. Sunday was basically a ghost town. Good for the few dealers looking for special attention from vendors.

To sum it up, I hope I never have to visit San Francisco again. If NADA puts it back in the rotation, I'll probably skip NADA.

Meh. The Moscone Center is in that part of SF where it becomes a sh(thole at night. The more north the better obviously in my opinion. SF can get pretty dumpy with the homeless people, but at least it's better than Portland. :lmao:

1. Did not like how it was split between 3 halls. Really 4 when you count the upstairs and downstairs in the West hall.
2. The San Francisco local convention center union price gouges vendors.
3. Homeless people everywhere begging for money. Did you know San Francisco actually gives homeless people $410 per month? Think maybe that attracts more homeless people? I heard other cities actually provide free transportation to drop their homeless people off in San Fran. I actually saw people multiple homeless people relieving themselves in public
4. Food at the convention center was horrible. Long lines and crappy food. We went off site after day one.
5. Sunday was basically a ghost town. Good for the few dealers looking for special attention from vendors.

As a startup, this was our first time attending. Agree that it was very spread out. Lot's of walking back and forth from expo halls/workshops. We were brave enough to slip out one day and walk to pier 39. Bad idea... homeless people everywhere begging us for money. We tried to talk outside w/ a business contact and was interrupted multiple times by homeless people. We attended on Sunday and yes, a lot of people already left. One of our appointments got cancelled as the rep had to leave early to avoid travel delays w/ the east coast blizzard. So that may have attributed to some of Sunday's "ghost town".

We had a great show but I agree the spread out nature of the hall is not good and the food was horrible. Was good to finally meet you Jerry! Has anyone heard where they are thinking since Orlando is out now? I am guessing since they are moving it later they maybe looking north.

I think we just have to make the best of these things. What doesn't kill us only makes us better marketers and stronger vendors!

I didn't like the halls being spread out - BUT, being that I live in the coooold I did enjoy getting outside to hop over to the other halls.

Do you have a source for this from any time in the past 10 years?
These are pretty bold statements.