• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Open Call For Dealer Inventory Modules and Website Vendors

Brian Pasch

8 Pounder Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
First Name
Brian
I will be publishing our annual white paper report on Automotive Search Marketing Architecture (ASMA) this November.

The ASMA study will identify automotive website providers that offer SEO compliant platforms using Google’s guidelines as well as best practices in the search marketing industry. All automotive website providers are invited to participate in our study.

The 2009 ASMA white paper will be released in time for the 2009 Digital Dealer Conference in Nashville which takes place November 1-3. I'm going to be a speaker at the conference and I hope to see many forums members at the show. (Anyone up for a Halloween Party on 10/31?)

The 2009 ASMA study will evaluate and assign rankings to car dealer website platforms based on key components that represent the best in search engine optimization (SEO) architecture and consumer search experience.

For many car retailers, their inventory pages make up over 85% of the total content pages on their website. Organic search optimization and search ranking are heavily skewed to reward good content and good SEO architecture.

The report is designed to provide car dealers with an independent view of website platform technology as it relates to organic search marketing.

Last year, the 2008 ASMA report reviewed over 16 automotive platforms with only 2 providers receiving a perfect score for SEO compliance. In the past year car dealer website providers have released or announced many changes to their platforms which should make this year’s report even more interesting.

A new element to this year’s study will be an official ASMA logo which will be awarded to automotive website providers that rank at the top of their peer group. The ASMA logo will allow leaders in the field of automotive website design to proudly display their award on their marketing materials and on their websites.

The ASMA logo will represent the best in SEO architecture for the automotive industry. Automotive website providers who would like to participate in the review must submit three working websites which utilize their latest technology to the Pasch Consulting Group by 9-30-09.

Dealer software providers who do not submit examples of their technology will still be included in the report. However, the website PCG reviews will be based on those found randomly on the Internet or referenced on their company websites.

Dealer software providers can contact Carrie Valentine 732-450-8200 for the study application or request one via email: [email protected]

Someone is feeling cornered right about now. Brian, I am glad you are doing this because this will motivate them to put more emphasis on the SEO portion and educating the dealers on search.

Very hard close in a professional manner! If I were them I wouldn't want to hand you all my stuff but I also don't want you to dog me at DD. hhhmmmm what do they do? It's kind of odd a dealer website provider doing a study on dealer websites, isn't it? I respect you and your work but these guys probably aren't going to just want to hand you info about their back end are they? I mean you build website for dealers. What a pickle!

I'll be reviewing all automotive website platforms that are on the market that I can find. I always try to be open minded and fair. I'm just giving platform providers an opportunity to give me client URL's, not backend access, to what they deem is their latest stuff. I don't want to review a dealer website that did not want to upgrade to their latest technology.

If software providers don't submit examples of their best sites for the report, I'll just take any off their case studies or whatever I find in Google.

The goal is not to put anyone down but to promote and discuss best practices in Automotive SEO.

This years' report will be more in the format of a whitepaper. Since I spend most of my waking hours focused on SEO, I might as well express my thoughts and start a dialogue.

I even made a video to welcome website providers to participate. :) ASMA Video

I'll be reviewing all automotive website platforms that are on the market that I can find. I always try to be open minded and fair. I'm just giving platform providers an opportunity to give me client URL's, not backend access, to what they deem is their latest stuff. I don't want to review a dealer website that did not want to upgrade to their latest technology.

If software providers don't submit examples of their best sites for the report, I'll just take any off their case studies or whatever I find in Google.

The goal is not to put anyone down but to promote and discuss best practices in Automotive SEO.

This years' report will be more in the format of a whitepaper. Since I spend most of my waking hours focused on SEO, I might as well express my thoughts and start a dialogue.

I even made a video to welcome website providers to participate. :) ASMA Video

Good stuff! I misunderstood a little. Keep up the good work. Please feel free to let us at Contact At Once know if you ever need anything from us. I believe what you say and trust you based on your business practices.