• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Passive Aggressive car dealer email made me laugh today.

I don't see it as passive aggressive at all. I actually feel bad for the guy (and salespeople in this industry). Someone is cracking the whip on him no matter what he does. I also think opening up a conversation demanding supplier cost is kind of ridiculous! I think working in a dealership is an untrustworthy environment in general, and I think your demands sort of makes it even worse. If anything the email is desperate not passive aggressive but those are my 2 cents....

These cars are not moving, I am not buying one off the showroom floor. What value do they bring to the table beyond typing into the keyboard my specific order? Why should they make thousands off my order? 500 for a few hours work too little? They have nothing to lose but a spot on the truck when it gets delivered. Supplier pricing is fine to ask. They can counter with anything they want. MSRP on a GM product is a joke. There is a reason why Cadillac is offering 8k off MSRP right now and its not out of the kindness of their hearts.

Yeah bosses everywhere are cracking the whip. Maybe you are right, its just desperate and not passive aggressive. When has expressing desperation ever gotten anyone anything good in life?

@dvMail

I love how people like you feel so righteous about what we should earn in the auto industry and how much time we put on things.

Maybe you pay somethihg for having the facility where you will pick up your unit. The place we must have to pda the car. The liabilities that we incurr. The safety checks we must have in place. The taxes we pay.

But in the end I get how you feel; we are just dumbshit car people that don't deserve to make all those thousands you mention (since we all of that is pure profits).

I pay. I appreciate the knowledge. I respect the labor. I expect safety in the unit. I want checks and balances. I love this biz and the people in it deserve much better that you give here.

Reactions: BHavican
What value do they bring to the table beyond typing into the keyboard my specific order?

Why/how are you on these forums if you say something like that? I get nobody pays MSRP but they definitely pay more than supplier. I think even the red tag events are supplier+. I know you're ordering one but these are franchised businesses they still need a cut of the action.

I work hard for my money just like everyone else. This isn't Scion, this isn't Carmax. Prices are there to haggle.

They can decide what they want as a cut and I can decide if its the price I want to pay.

Its like you guys never been a customer before...

@dvMail

I love how people like you feel so righteous about what we should earn in the auto industry and how much time we put on things.

AMEN!!

Why/how are you on these forums if you say something like that?

And AMEN again!

First of all, this looks like a pretty standard email template sent out to non-responsive leads at around day 21 and is probably not something this particular guy wrote even. Second of all, where do you get off??? Seriously - when do you get off these forums?? This is a place for industry people which clearly you are NOT!

Yeah, I am not a sales guy. I am in the industry. More on the manufacture side though.

I understand why you guys are upset. I am talking Ill of the process you guys live in. But you must have lived on the other side of negotiations at some point in your life. You must understand the consumer side of the deal. no?

Well sorry if this upset you all. I do respect the stance you guys have and the Intel given on this forum.