• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Proactive Dealer Solutions

Our auto group signed up with them this past summer and are coming to the end of our 6 month commitment. I intend on writing a review about the whole experience sometime in the near future so I'll just say a few quick words. First of all they do know what they're talking about and give you actionable things to do dealership wide that will help you sell more cars. The processes they suggest can produce but it requires a large buy-in from the sales staff and managers. A large part of they're predicted results is predicated on unsold floor traffic. The only way you'll see those type of results is if EVERYONE gets logged into your CRM. If your managers aren't on board you'll never see the results they predict.

For me, as the BDC manager, going into it I didn't have high expectations because I've spent a lot of my free time on sites like this, attending webinars, going to workshops, etc. I have learned a good amount though like to how to manage the room and keeping our reps accountable and they have some good word tracks/scripts.

The greatest benefit came from sending my reps to the boot camp. I'm a former school teacher so I like to think I do a good job training my staff and feel I have an incredible team. A belief that was sort of proven when each rep I sent was propositioned by other dealerships at the boot camp. However the 3 straight days of training is hard to replicate. At the time I had 4 reps on our team and 1 had about 9 months experience, the 3 others had about 3 months or less. The improvement I saw in their performance in such a short time was awesome.

Overall I'd say your results will depend on the experience and level of your BDC, which I know is sort of an obvious statement but it's true. If I were in your shoes I'd take a good hard look at what my BDC is doing now and what reasonable expectations I have. I'd sit in there for a few hours a day and observe. I cannot stress this enough though, you will not see anything close to the results they predict if you can't get your entire sales staff on board especially the sales managers.

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Has anyone had experience with Proactive Dealer Solutions - http://www.bdcexperts.com

We are thinking about using them since they are part of the GM BDC program.

Would like to hear your pro's and con's if you have had any experience with them. Thanks,

Eley

I've been involved in the Call Center business for 15yrs, and moved into automobile biz in Jan 2015, we launched our BDC in Feb 2015. I would agree that having the buy-in and sticking with the process, and not allowing your GM or GSM to attempt to change or tweak the processes. Proactive has a good process, but the most important key is finding the right reps that can manage the daily call volume requirements, and have the ability to have a conversation without sounding robotic or as if they are reading from a script. The right people make the difference, I would suggest that your initial candidate interview begin with telephone interview so you can get a feel for how your candidates sound over the phone, then move on to a face/face. The last and most important part to success includes active engagement, call observations and daily coaching to help your staff improve. Our first 2 mos was nothing but the learning process, and getting set-up and established, the 3rd month April is when we have finally taken off, granted we have a ways to go. We went from 45/57 and now 158 appoints and on track to hit 200 appoints for the month.

Reactions: shoagey