• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes - In or Out?

Sorry-to clarify URL phone# ect on poster. We have a full poster 13X17 & change out the stickers (image I posted).
JQ "buy" ? ha ha ha, Thanks! I needed a good laugh today! ;)
I do with what I have here under the rock-if that's mostly mud-I'll make Mississipi Mud Pie!

Update: 1st use: replacement sticker on posters we have throughout the ScottTrade Center w/StL Blues (in the restrooms-where you wash hands or wait in line) With a heavy away schedule this month, this weekend saw the 1st & 2nd times the ad was seen. Only 1 scan during game times (18 posters apx 38k ttl attendance)...but that scan generated a lead...now that lead has an appointment.
Was 1 scan worth the ad space? :dunno: I also saw my mobile site traffic maintain it's level, avoiding a typical drop.
sticker: View attachment 906 Yes there is no direction to "scan" or how to use the QR...the full site name is on the full poster
...Life under the rock has to leave something to be desired right ;)

Tactical things to consider:
--sample is too small to draw conclusions
--Doing an A/B against a small sample creates bad decisions
--There is no way to measure if your message was lost to the "QR distraction"
--Call to action is missing (WIFM if I QR?)
--Message is hard to read (3 fonts and I don't get the intended message)
--Who is this message coming from? (read: lost branding opportunities)

Thanks for the input Uncle Joe!!!

The poster that sticker goes on has the branding & info on it (logo, mascot, building, URL, & #) -I'll work on getting a full image soon

Yes, the message is often missed in our ads-often (always?) busy & distracting-sorta like the balloons & flags we have out Everyday.

As I can't get the sales force to do any sourcing, I'd love to hear more ideas on A/B testing! (I have few resources & I love to learn how to better implement anything)

...Yes, the message is often missed in our ads-often (always?) busy & distracting-sorta like the balloons & flags we have out Everyday.

Ahh... Here's some advice that your ad person might find helpful:

"А дело бывало. и коза волка съедала. Аво́сь да как-нибу́дь до добра́ не доведу́т. во́ра ве́шают, а полти́нного че́ствуют. Аппети́т прихо́дит во вре́мя еды́. Ахал бы дядя, на себя глядя."

Was the message above helpful or useless?

If "busy, distracting and message-less" ads is your tactic, Why not just put that Russian text above into your ads? You'd end up with the same amount of ups.

Ahh... Here's some advice that your ad person might find helpful:

"А дело бывало. и коза волка съедала. Аво́сь да как-нибу́дь до добра́ не доведу́т. во́ра ве́шают, а полти́нного че́ствуют. Аппети́т прихо́дит во вре́мя еды́. Ахал бы дядя, на себя глядя."

Was the message above helpful or useless?

If "busy, distracting and message-less" ads is your tactic, Why not just put that Russian text above into your ads? You'd end up with the same amount of ups.

Confucius had NOTHIN on you, Uncle Joe! You crack me up...

Seriously, though... I always wanted to do something nuts like that -- I always thought the "surprise/reaction" factor would be better than the hum-drum same 'ol thing.

Confucius had NOTHIN on you, Uncle Joe! You crack me up...

Seriously, though... I always wanted to do something nuts like that -- I always thought the "surprise/reaction" factor would be better than the hum-drum same 'ol thing.

Put the Car in Upside Down
Put the text in upside down
Pull a tag line from a laxative ad (humor)
Use Obamas image for Presidents day sale
obama-sunglasses.jpg

The art in Marketing is story telling (and always give the viewer a WIFM ;-)

Reactions: 2 people
Perhaps is as simple as QR Codes in wall papers, window stickers, etc, don't produce.

The most interestign applications I have seen:

A dealer using vAuto wanted his prices on the lot to be as updated as his online inventory. Since vAuto may change the price on a daily basis, the became impossible with labels or tags. A QRCode with the right message was useful in this case: "scan this and see our online pricing". Advantageous for the customer and also for the dealer since now they capture the customer's phone number.

The second application has been adding them to the outgoing inventory feeds. This CL ad has one at the bottom 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD We saw a direct correlation between number of scans from posting a dealer with templates that will show or hide the QR Code. I don't know if customer scanned the QR because of curiosity but I would like to think that what ti offers is the ability to transfer the vehicle information to an easier to carry platform (mobile).