• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Real time data exchange with DealerTrack DMS

Jarrett

Boss
Nov 24, 2009
First Name
Jarrett
Hello All,

Lately I have been receiving requests on data extraction with ERA (Reynolds & Reynolds). We no longer use ERA in our dealer groups and have moved to DealerTrack DMS. I thought I would take a moment and share some code on real time data exchange with DealerTrack DMS for anyone it may help. The title of this real time exchange program with DealerTrack DMS is OpenTrack.

DealerTrack DMS has done a nice job in creating an affordable, functional API for Dealers and vednors to access data. This is similar to the RCI program Reynolds offers. The two are distinctly different in their ideology. OpenTrack exists to safely and securely exchange data between the DMS and third party systems; Be it dealer managed or vendor managed. Reynolds RCI exists to generate revenue. OpenTrack access MUST be granted by the administrators at the dealer level. I can not say the same about RCI. OpenTrack employs the understanding it is your (The Dealers) data and gives you a greater degree of control of your data. Lastly the contacts, programmers, certification staff at DealerTrack are customer centric and guided by the desire to see you succeed on their products.

The full source code (scripts really) can be accessed at this SVN either as checkout or find the compressed file containing the source.

opentrack-php-framework - OpenTrack access framework developed in PHP - Google Project Hosting

Generally the code is used to make requests to the webservice and upon successful query return an object representing the data.

PHP:
$AX				=	new ArkonaDMS_Interop;

$search_fields	=	array("Type"=>"U", "FromDateInInventory"=>"20090501", "ToDateInInventory"=>"20100501");	

var_dump(Vehicle::VehicleInventory($search_fields));

The above code would produce something like this...

Code:
[VehicleInventoryResponse] => SimpleXMLElement Object
                (
                    [Vehicle] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => SimpleXMLElement Object
                                (
                                    [CompanyNumber] => CX1
                                    [VIN] => 1FDWXXXXXAEA57628
                                    [StockNumber] => 10F123
                                    [DocumentNumber] => 10F123
                                    [Status] => I
                                    [GLApplied] => Y
                                    [TypeNU] => N
                                    [BusinessOfficeFranchiseCode] => NTF
                                    [ModelYear] => 2010
                                    [Make] => FORD TRUCK
                                    [ModelCode] => F3H
                                    [Model] => F-350
                                    [BodyStyle] => REG CAB DRW 4X4
                                    [Color] => OXFORD WHITE

To gain access to this webservice you must complete the certification process and pay the nominal annual fees. Alternatively you may partner with a certified OpenTrack partner.

Hope this helps someone like it has helped us. If you have questions shoot me a PM and I may be able to direct you appropriately. Our belief is DealerTrack DMS will continue to grow at the fantastic rate it has in the last 24 months. Mainly we believe this because their customers are treated as partners, one can not experience success without the other.

I know this post is a bit off color for this forum but in the spirit advancement in retail auto I chose to share.

Jarrett