• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
I highly recommend investing 15 minutes to read this survey and subsequent analysis from MSLGROUP. If nothing else read the executive summary and glance at pages 10 -13 on culture change and empowering employees.

I know, I know... some of you just sighed and mumbled to yourselves, "13 pages? Who has time for that?"

You do! The following three questions were copied directly from the summary. We've tackled these topics on Refresh more than a few times, but I'd offer that the problems they represent are simply opportunities for the dealership that has invested time seeking their solutions.

In a world of more voices and more conversations, how should businesses harness the (often untapped) power of their own employees to better tell their story and build the company’s reputation?

In a world drowning in content, how do companies produce content that is relevant, interesting and influential?

In a world of endless conversation, how do you focus the discussion around your brand or business and drive sales?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/243706115/Reputation-With-or-Without-You

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Look at this thought-provoking quote from page 11:

Veterans can mentor new employees in substance, while younger employees can instruct more seasoned colleagues on the merits and particulars of the new communications channels.

If that were actually happening in your business how would it affect your operation, your culture, and your bottom-line?

Possibly, Jeff -- we've read a book jointly in our weekly manager's meetings. Everyone received a copy of the book, and we all read a chapter a week. We rotated on who presented/spoke/analyzed that week's chapter at the meeting.

As for Ryan's thing he wants us to read.... I downloaded it to my Kindle -- I'll let you know when I've read it. Thanks for the link :)